Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My girlfriend has a Nissan Versa Note 2014 (2nd generation 2012-present) and the front passenger strut is leaking fluid and the rubber dust boot is damaged (see photo). I’m planning on either doing it myself or taking it to a shop to have it done. I would be replacing both front struts for her and using the springs that are on there while replacing at least the damaged dust boot.

Does anyone know the procedure for doing it and have photos or video (I’ve looked here on the forum and on YouTube/Google but haven’t found it for the 2nd Gen cars)? I ask because every tutorial I’ve seen for Versas are for the 2011 and earlier that have 3 bolts at the top of the strut (like nearly every other car), whereas the 2012-present only have 1 bolt at the top (see photo).

There isn’t a lot of clearance at the top of the strut either so I was going to use a pass through socket and allen wrench to hold the strut shaft in place. If anyone has tips please feel free to share.

Thank you for any assistance!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You got it. The OEMs keep shifting back and forth between a single big bolt in the center or the multi-bolt plate type like you mentioned.

The biggest issue is getting the struts apart to get the springs off and putting them on the other struts...........

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I know this is an old post, but I have a quick question. Is the single bolt the only thing holding this strut up after removing everything from below/behind the wheel? There isn't any other bolts holding it in? Once I have everything loose down below, and I loosen this bolt at the top of the strut, will the strut just drop down? I cannot find a single good video on YouTube or the web for that matter for my 2015 Versa Note. I may have to record my own this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts