Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since the weather was consistently below freezing, my Note started to exhibit a front suspension squeak when the car goes through a bump particularly on residential speed bumps. No problem at all on smooth roads though.

I'm nowhere near maintenance interval and its really not worth taking it in the dealer to have it looked at.

Just wondering, has anyone else in the snow belt area experience this?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, my '14 does this as well, sounds like a worn strut or motor mount.... then it warms up and no more thuds!!

At first I thought it was a loose air intake pipe, still have not found the issue, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
My 11' exhibits all sorts of squeaks when temperature drop below freezing. Happens every winter, so I came to the conclusion it was normal lol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one. I get the squeaks every time I go over a decent sized bump. Seems to be mostly the passenger side front for me, but it can be hard to tell.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, my '14 does this as well, sounds like a worn strut or motor mount.... then it warms up and no more thuds!!

At first I thought it was a loose air intake pipe, still have not found the issue, any thoughts?
Vern, my squeak does not go away even when the car has fully warmed up. What you're experiencing may be different than what I'm describing. Mine is definitely suspension related.

Glad I'm not the only one. I get the squeaks every time I go over a decent sized bump. Seems to be mostly the passenger side front for me, but it can be hard to tell.
I was going to say, mine seems to come from the driver side, but it's hard to tell.

I'm just about ready to soak the front struts with WD-40 and see what happens.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Same here in MD, I've chalked it up to poor low-speed compression damping on the struts. But given how it's gotten worse in the winter, I'm starting to wonder if it's strut mounts. Haven't fiddled with it and not bad enough to take to dlr, yet. Interested to see what yo find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a squeak in the front end of my 2015 nissan versa note going over bumps at low speeds since I took it off the lot when I bought it. Now at almost 60000kms with the noise getting slowly and progelressively louder i was told that it's the sway bar bushings, mechanically they were fine and that they were just noisy and did not need to be replaced. However I had them replace the sway bar bushings anyways under warranty, and they still squeak, however it has been drastically reduced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had a squeak in the front end of my 2015 nissan versa note going over bumps at low speeds since I took it off the lot when I bought it. Now at almost 60000kms with the noise getting slowly and progelressively louder i was told that it's the sway bar bushings, mechanically they were fine and that they were just noisy and did not need to be replaced. However I had them replace the sway bar bushings anyways under warranty, and they still squeak, however it has been drastically reduced.
Try by exclusion. You can sprinkle a silicone spray lubricant on the bushing. If creaking will disappear for a while, the problem is in the bushes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
skeeper_1968
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing