Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a difference between abs and non abs wheel hubs . All I can find online is non abs, some searching tells me that the abs sensor is on the axle and not the bearing, and it seems the non abs hubs come with a cover/ plate that can be removed for abs. Has anyone had this come up?? Mine is a 2008 sl hatchback

·
Registered
939 Posts
What I found after looking at several parts...............the actual sensor plugs in sideways into the knuckle casting to be aimed somewhere close to the split line between the bearing and axle. No clear cut part to read the sensor off of. Suspect possibly the shell over the bearing end in the non-ABS application may come off to do it or they stay on and the encoding is on them.

When I last sold parts the industry was moving toward selling only one bearing type, the ABS one, if the assembly was cheap and you simply used them on non-ABS too and ignored any added sensor ring for ABS, it was not needed. Most hub/bearing assemblies were moving toward that as it does away with double part inventory and the maker gets slightly more money for the ABS type parts, so they include them on ALL of the units. Whether you wanted to pay extra or not, the way of our new booming economy now.

Looking at the axle end it's pretty clear the axle does not carry any sensor ring there but I've been known to be wrong before......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing