Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code P2A00 popped up twice when I scanned it, looks like I'll need a primary o2 sensor... :27:

anybody else ever had this code?
ps. my fuel cap is on nice and tight lol

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Do you have any leaks in your exhaust? Are you running a header?

This should be covered under your warranty unless you messed with the exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
No problems on my Versa yet. Just hitting 30K myself.
I'm just over 25k and haven't seen the pesky check engine light or service engine soon light. Not sure which one it is on this car. Only thing is I'm the 1.6 so my problems are probably going to be totally different then most of you guys and gals.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
True ... And I have CVT, so the problems will be different.
When you start the car the check engine light should show for a second, just like the ABS light.
Other than that, no lights coming on. I am hoping I don't see that light for many more years to come.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have any leaks in your exhaust? Are you running a header?

This should be covered under your warranty unless you messed with the exhaust system.
cars 100% stock under the hood wise... I have 75month/75k warranty so I am letting them take care of it

question, does nissan offer loaners :32:

I had an acura before they'd pull out a car with 10 miles and let me drive it :patriot:

True ... And I have CVT, so the problems will be different.
When you start the car the check engine light should show for a second, just like the ABS light.
Other than that, no lights coming on. I am hoping I don't see that light for many more years to come.
it says "Service Engine Soon"
it came on the first time I hit 80mph in this car :hand:

ps. gas mileage went from 25city to just above 20...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Mine came on a while ago, but that was because the Platinum plugs needed replacing after I'd clocked 110,000km.

The plugs were well overdue for replacement and I did the job myself, saving nearly $500.

(I would not recommend changing the plugs if you're not mechanically minded by the way! LOL)

It could well be a faulty O2 sensor, would also explain the mpg change.....

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
question, does nissan offer loaners :32:
I think it depends on your warranty coverage with them.
I am covered for a rental if my car has to be left with them to be fixed (I think if its there for a certain amount of time, then they'll give you one); it's in my warranty agreement booklet that they mailed to me (along with the Nissan card).

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How convenient well way back when nissan had my address wrong so I never got the warranty agreement all I have is the yellow paper applicationthing, I spoke to nissan they're sending me the full package...

I have around 600miles to go before trans fluid @ 30k so I'll have theM knock it out then

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
went to nissan this morning, 2 weeks ago I went in for 30k trans fluid service... and I had them diagnose the SES light.... they concluded the cat is faulty, emissions warranty in effect... so the service guy states part is on backorder... Going to replace it and then with my new cat on, I will remove it and throw in my OBX header with OBX catback...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
well, this is my first versa, and my parents second. They have had the light come on plenty of times in both versas. ( an 07 & 09) The 09 light came on just under 7000 miles, and 10,000 miles. They said the oxygen sensor was bad both times, and they replaced it. Now it came on again about a week after the 10,000 miles, and we never botherd to take it in. My mom said it was raining one day, and she hit a really bad pot hole on the hwy, and the light turned off and has never turned back on since, lol. Now they get oil changes anywhere, and use 87 gas. I go to the dealer and get synthectic blend oil change, and I use mid grade gas. I have never had a problem with my versa, with the light coming on. But its almost a yr now, and I only have 5500 miles on it, so we will see. They have about 17,000 miles on theres and its almost a yr old too.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was @ nissan yesterday... it took them 6 hours (in a 9am out at 330) to swap the header out... I am convinced my car wasn't even touched until 2pm

check engine light is gone... no more 87octane for me

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Please don't tell me you waited there for 6 hours?
Did you at least let the shuttle take you home? lol!

Was it all covered under your warranty?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah it was all covered under warranty

9am... Leather couch in waiting area... Flat screen tv... Bagels and coffee

1pm... TacoBell accross the street

3pm... Car was done they let it idle a lil and checked everything out

330pm... On my way home

Shuttle: I wanted my car that day... Lol wasn't having it

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
Yeah it was all covered under warranty

9am... Leather couch in waiting area... Flat screen tv... Bagels and coffee

1pm... TacoBell accross the street

3pm... Car was done they let it idle a lil and checked everything out

330pm... On my way home

Shuttle: I wanted my car that day... Lol wasn't having it
mmmmmmmmmmmmm bagels

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Lol ... When I had them replace my FPR and sunroof, I had them drive me home and pick me up when the car was ready. They have leather couches, and a tv, and a viewing window into the shop, but I get bored easily. I could have walked home, but figured I'd let the shuttle drive me home, lol. Plus I had my dog with me. He was very upset at the man who came near my car (to check the sunroof). He started growling and barking at him the minute he approached my car.

The only time I wait at the shop is when my I get my oil changed.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Lol ... When I had them replace my FPR and sunroof, I had them drive me home and pick me up when the car was ready. They have leather couches, and a tv, and a viewing window into the shop, but I get bored easily. I could have walked home, but figured I'd let the shuttle drive me home, lol. Plus I had my dog with me. He was very upset at the man who came near my car (to check the sunroof). He started growling and barking at him the minute he approached my car.

The only time I wait at the shop is when my I get my oil changed.
I like waiting because I feel they do better work and do it promptly with me over their shoulder. Otherwise they just take forever.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts