Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I purchased my 2007 black SL 6-speed hatch only 4 days ago, and since then have just completed my first tank of gas in pure city driving. It came out at exactly 27.3 mpg US, or 8.6L/100km. I think that is pretty good! I drove gently, shifting at or before 3k rpm, and the car has 73,000kms on it. Last night I swapped in a brand new air filter since I noticed the one in there was filthy, pumped up the pressure in the brand new Nexen 185/65/15s to 38psi, got an oil change at the local Nissan stealership, and hope to get 30mpg US, or 7.83L/100km on this next full tank of city driving. I use this site for calculating, which is really simple but has everything you need.

http://www.oee.nrcan.gc.ca/transportation/tools/fuel-trip-calculator/fuel-calculator-input.cfm

I will keep you all posted. This car is amazing! I just came from a 2001 Xterra 4x4 auto which as you can probably tell was an absolute pig on gas, getting 14mpg in town. So to get double that now is feeling REALLY good, especially since gas prices where I live are $1.25 a litre, which works out to about $4.70 a gallon to you US folk!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Glad you enjoy your new (used) Versa, I'm actually hitting low 30s on my V but it's mostly highway driving. Can't wait till it warms up to me and starts hitting mid to high 30s like I've hear somewhere in here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice you're driving in basically the same thing I am, I got myne about a month ago, great car. Some people complain about the mileage but really it's not that bad if you are gentle with it and keep your speed down. Gas here in the GTA is about 1.28 and in montreal (where I often visit) is 1.38 I've heard! The highest I've paid in my life is 1.52 and the lowest was about 0.66 :( boo gas prices, I miss the under a dollar days!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Getting between 26 and 30mpg in the city myself. Only have 1472 miles on my 2011 6sp 1.8L HB.
My strategy is to get into 6th as soon as possible. So often I'm moving at 35 to 40 mph in 6th gear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah for in town driving I drive in 5th gear now and it sits at 2000rpm at 60kmph. I bet that helps a lot for this tank. And trying to stay at about 115kmph on highway which puts the engine at I think 3200rpm in 6th.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Nice you're driving in basically the same thing I am, I got myne about a month ago, great car. Some people complain about the mileage but really it's not that bad if you are gentle with it and keep your speed down. Gas here in the GTA is about 1.28 and in montreal (where I often visit) is 1.38 I've heard! The highest I've paid in my life is 1.52 and the lowest was about 0.66 :( boo gas prices, I miss the under a dollar days!
Yep it sucks. I paid 1.28 a couple days ago and it cost me $53 for 41 litres. :( i pretty much drive 100% city so my last tank was 23.3 MPG. I wish I did more highway because the CVT Rpms are low. Usually 100km/h, Rpms are just at 2000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
it takes discipline to get good MPG because sometimes I feel like pushing the gas a little more when I get the need for speed feeling. My last MPG was 35MPG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess my lower mpg could be explained by the way I drove this tank. I drove it the way I drive normally, with normal acceleration and shifting at about 3k rpm. The first tank I drove it very slow and smooth, but it wasn't practical and required way too much patience haha. I guess I will just have to get used to the idea of 25-26mpg in town. Still far better than my previous vehicle!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
26 is pretty good city mpg, especially if US gallons

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
yup 3.78 a gallon, that's why I'm staying home today on my day off

This Economy is going to take for ever to recover with those gas prices

At least I have Cable and Internet, and that's AWESOME!!!!!! :biggrinjester:

3.78 X 10 gallons = 37.8 dollars

if you get 27MPG that means you could drive 270 Miles out of 10 gallons

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.