Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the fuel injectors from the mr16det will fit into the hr16de I need larger injectors to compensate for the increased air flow but nobody makes them that I've seen and I'm not sure what other engines have compatible injectors that are higher cc.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Rockauto will show you all the vehicles a part works for but you need to start by make model and year.

Size is kind of a crap shoot. To add more fuel you could always increase psi, use an extra injector, methanol injection, etc.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Increased airflow? Unless you have forced induction or serious motor upgrades you won't see a benefit with bigger injectors.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
+1. Ive got lean codes running e85 in other vehicles in colder weather. No problems here, so they must flow more than Honda injectors.

·
Registered
85 Posts
+1. Ive got lean codes running e85 in other vehicles in colder weather. No problems here, so they must flow more than Honda injectors.
Not sure what Versa you have but is it rated for E85? If not, that ethanol is going to corrode your fuel lines and eat anything else that isn't rated for E85. Additionally, the offset between the lower cost and substantial increase in fuel consumption for E85 usually is a net loss in terms of fuel cost for mileage.

Even if my vehicle were rated for E85, I would ever put that junk in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing