Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I'm having my first mechanical problem with my 2007 versa s hatchback. Not bad , considering it has 100 k. Any ways, I started getting the common starting issues associated with the fpr this year. Recently it has started getting worse and happens 80% of the time. Since it's getting cold, i figured i should replace it while it's still warm out. I watched a very helpful video on how to replace it and I just want to double check the part numbers for the fpr and gasket. In the video he stated that he had a versa sedan, but said that it didn't matter whether it was a sedan or hatchback, that they were the same mechanically. He provided links to the parts and when I plugged in my vehicle specifics on the parts site, it said that the gasket was a match, but the fpr wasn't, even though it listed the mr18 below. This is on nissanpartzone. I then checked on factorynissanparts and it did match up. To be sure, I went to the dealer and they couldn't match the fpr and said I had to buy a new fuel pump. I'll list the part numbers below. Thanks in advance.

Fpr 22670-zr70c

Gasket 17342-em30a

·
Registered
690 Posts
Could be that the latest part number is a revision. They do change part numbers occasionally for revisions or to mark updated ones, like the old bad FPR vs the new "good" ones.

If only you had a good parts deparment at the dealer. They're a dealer, they should have had hundreds of FPR warranty replacements by now. I went to my local dealer for a FPR and they instantly knew what i needed. I figured part number would be different and it was, can't remember now but i think it was the last 3 figures, or something like that. All the fuel pump/sender units are the same, the only difference i can think of is that the floats are calibrated differently if the gas tank is shaped differently in the sedan or something like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just called another dealer and they said the same thing as the other one. That I needed to buy the whole fuel pump. Maybe I should go talk go service and they will know. Do you have a hatchback? I'm gonna go see if the fpr shows up on the part site for a sedan.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Get service bulletin NTB07-094c. In it it has the ordering information for just the regulator and "O" ring and the repair instructions.

PARTS INFORMATION

Fuel Pressure Regulator 22670 - ZR70C
Packing-Fuel Gauge (“O-ring”) 17342 - EM30A

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 62740 miles

·
Registered
690 Posts
As a heads up, i believe the sender O-ring is expensive at $45 or something like that, it is likely Viton and can be reused if everything is nice and clean so it seals good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I just replaced the battery and starter and haven't had any problems the last few days. I'm going to wait another day or two and if I don't have any cranking problems, I'm going to return the fpr and gasket.

·
Registered
690 Posts
That probably wasn't it, on my hatch it was a very intermittent problem, but usually happened during warm shutdown/restart. You had to cycle the key to build pressure to get a part in the regulator to seat, then it'd be fine. That's my theory at least.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That probably wasn't it, on my hatch it was a very intermittent problem, but usually happened during warm shutdown/restart. You had to cycle the key to build pressure to get a part in the regulator to seat, then it'd be fine. That's my theory at least.
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? Mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator for the second time in 3 years and now it will start on the first try but if it doesn't sit long enough to cool off it won't restart. Any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.