Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello and thank you to everyone! Since last posting (i think) we moved from beautiful Pam Bay, FL, to beautiful Falmouth/Fredericksburg, VA.

On a 2007 automatic Versa, we had noticed a very slight delay in crank to engine start times before. Just as of today, she cranks like crazy but will not even cough, much less catch. I can't find my starter fluid, but i've gotta presume we either have a pump or pump component - regulator - problem. Since i only have enough knowledge to get myself in trouble, does this seem correct?

If so, is there a relatively easy way for me to figure out if it is the main assembly or just the regulator? And if i missed something i should have checked, please let me know. I looked in the lame manual and there is no indication of the fuel pump fuse nor relay, but i just saw a video that might put me on the right track.

I would seriously like to thank all of you folks that help keep my family working. No longer are funds available to throw at having someone else fix the problems we face. If it were not for your kindness and knowledge, i'd be in more trouble than i already face. Thank you.

I really hate confusion - I went out and addressed the fuse box that sits to the right of the battery that i saw no mention of in the owner's manual. Pulled the fuel pump fuse and it was fine, so shoved it back in. There was no citation of a fuel pump relay, so i just chose to take my needle nose pliers and whack each relay box a few times. Once done muttering obscenities at Nissan, i sat in the car, turned the key and it started.

I don't know if i smacked something relevant in that fuse box, or if i have a pump issue. I do know that from a little research, regulators seem to be going for equal or more than full pump assemblies with regulators, so i would choose to replace the entire thing, but, is it something in that fuse box, or the pump...

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
447 Posts
There is not a serviceable regulator on the car, or filter.

There are some easy tests that could test your theory if you have a scantool, or you can put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what happens.

I'm not an advocate for guessing, but it's your money!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts