Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive an 07 Versa SL Hatch. I was in a drive thru last night and my Versa just dies. I was in motion and it just stopped. I've half a tank of fuel. It sounds as though the fuel pump or relay just crapped out. A buddy helped me pull it home. OF course my battery is dead now (hazards and lights on a 25 mile pull/tow). So after I go have the battery charged any suggestions on a fix?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Maybe the fuel pressure regulator? Did you ever have it changed? Lots of us have had ours replaced under warranty. I had a couple times where the key did not turn over right away so I had Nissan replace it under warranty. Do you have a warranty left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
sadly it is no longer under warranty. i bought it used with high mileage (80k now). It did have all maintainable records when I bought it. But there was no fuel system repairs. I'm going to try a Do It Your Self method if I can, due to limited funds.

It was so odd the way it died. It had been running fine. Then I stopped to place my order in the drive thru, started forward then it just cut out in mid acceleration.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Hmm... I am not really too sure what else it could be; and with no warranty you would want to try yourself. The dealer might charge you a lot to look at it. Hopefully someone else on here can help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
that is a strange issue. Possibly the fuel pump died. Did it have and codes stored in the ECU?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sadly nothing yet. It will not be till this evening when I can even get the battery recharged so I can pull any codes.

AND BTW this is a great forum! quick responses, thank you!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I heard mine!

Okay, the fuel pump does kick in for one (second like every other car...)
Turn the radio off, and roll the windows up. This pump is very very quiet in my opinion

The fuel pump sound comes from under the rear seat so you have to put your head down by the rear seat and you will be able to hear it for about one second mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhh it is a very quiet fuel pump

If you’re able to hear the pump kick in, and the crank turns but it doesn’t start, let us know

If you do not hear the fuel pump kick in, then your injectors are not getting any fuel to spray
Check the fuse box. Not sure if the fuel pump has a relay switch? Because maybe the relay is bad and not the pump if it has a relay and its damaged.

this reminds me, I need to change my fuel filter

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
also if you have help you can open the fuel filler door take the cap off and listen for the pump when they turn the key on, I would check both ways just to be sure.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
also if you have help you can open the fuel filler door take the cap off and listen for the pume when they turn the key on, I would cheack both ways just to be sure.
:thumb2: I agree... take the cap off and listen for a dial tone

[[[[yes its not a phone but we just need to hear the pump kick in]]]]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok , charged battery and no dial tone, I cannot hear the fuel pump kick on.

I have not bought the repair manual yet. Is there a fuel relay ? is it easy to access? Would you say this is the first of the "cheap" fixes I can do?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
ok , charged battery and no dial tone, I cannot hear the fuel pump kick on.

I have not bought the repair manual yet. Is there a fuel relay ? is it easy to access? Would you say this is the first of the "cheap" fixes I can do?
Yes, it is the first cheap fix to try. make sure the relay is not damaged

not sure where the relay is located, but check with the owner's manual to see if its there but it could be located somewhere else

Here's link that I just found about fuel pumps.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/bad-fuel-pump-relay-symptoms.html

if the relay is good, call places to verify the fuel pump is dead and how much they charge to replace it.

but if you didn't hear the MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM for one second, then the relay is bad or the fuel pump is bad because you have to hear it for that second to send fuel to the fuel injectors

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ive an 07 Versa SL Hatch. I was in a drive thru last night and my Versa just dies. I was in motion and it just stopped. I've half a tank of fuel. It sounds as though the fuel pump or relay just crapped out. A buddy helped me pull it home. OF course my battery is dead now (hazards and lights on a 25 mile pull/tow). So after I go have the battery charged any suggestions on a fix?

Guess it's the same thing that happened to my versa 06. What happened is that the wideband o2 is working perfectl but recently my fuel pump has been making a wierd noise. what i did was that i pull the pump and check the lines associated with it.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The fuel pressure regulator is a known issue with Versa. I told my mechanic this, and he found the bulletin, and ordered the FPR fromm Nissan dealer who has them in stock. I fit is the FPR, it's attched to the fuel pump in side the tank, not requiring a new pump. I just had mine replaced last week, the only trouble it's ever given me. Use search for FPR in forums. I hope this helps your troubleshooting. 08v

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try to knock the corner of the fuel tank bellow the car while another person trying to start the car. Don't knock so hard at the fuel tank because it made from plastic. This method manage to jerk the fuel pump and start working again.

This method work for me and i manage to start my car. Drive the car to a mechanic and he told me fuel pump are going to dead. Order a new one but Nissan in my country told me need to wait for 1 month. So my mechanic manage to get me a second hand unit. New one is quite costly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.