Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm wondering what fuel trim other members are getting out of their engine?

My specs:

MR18DE
Filled with E87 E10 gas
At idle (P or N), long term fuel trim is at 5.5%

Car has 108k km on it, but engine was replaced and has 12k km.

I will try to experiment with E0 gas, and see if it changes the fuel trim.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I'm on my 3rd engine sadly. First one lasted 90k km, then they replaced the short block, which lasted another 20k km before the noise started again.

Then, they replaced the long block, now I'm at 12k km, and the noise is back again, but out of warranty already.

I'm also having a misfire when cold on cylinder #1 , tried to replace the coil, spark plug, check injector, nothing seems to solve it. Going to take to the dealer next week and hope for the best...

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
That's crazy, a third motor like that?? What transmission do you have? What kind of climate are you in? Whats your driving style?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's crazy, a third motor like that?? What transmission do you have? What kind of climate are you in? Whats your driving style?
I know, it's nuts. I'm in Canada (so mostly driving in the cold), car got a CVT.

I mostly drive like a grandma, since the reason I bought the car was to transport my newborn daughter (who now is 2 years old already).

I'm just going to keep driving it until it blows and put a MR20DE.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
kat_hat
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing