Nissan Versa Forums banner

Full size spare on 2014 note

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  amc49 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried replacing the donut spare with a full size one? I'd like to have something safer for my wife if she has a problem.

#4 ·
I've fitted say a bigger full service normal life tire to the same econowheel when the other one wore out. You measure the wheel storage bay to see what goes in there nicely and then buy the bigger tire. It still may not match the other full size ones but will be much taller to not affect car handling so much. And it lasts way longer than the temporary ones which can burn out in under 100 miles. A standard 78 series tire will work there fine, it does not need to be the full width of the others. Cheaper that way too.

#6 ·
It doesn't matter where you get the tires, but IIRC I got that one from Coker Tire online as many tire ditributors do not have that big a variety of sizes now. In that narrow a tire there aren't hardly any choices now at most places.

My car has the circular cutout in the trunk floor bottom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.