Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to college today and when I got on the highway I hit 60mph and when I let of off the gas pedal so I could maintain that speed it began to vibrate quite a bit. So I took it easy and took back roads mostly to be careful. Then when I came to a complete stop the brake pedal began to rattle. I made it to school fine and I got out and popped the hood and I noticed there was a strange ticking noise, I couldn't locate its position exactly but it seems to be coming from the engine itself, I'm not for sure on that though.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it's that, because my pedals rattle when I'm driving and when I'm stopped. But I can sure check tonight after I get out of my last class. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had my girlfriend's dad check it. He thinks its something wrong with electrical wiring :(
BUT, he isn't for sure. He said I need to wait until it becomes consistent because he can't identify the problem right now. He also said the engine rattling may just because some engine or transmission mount that is keeping the engine more quiet fell off, but he said that really isn't a big deal and it has nothing to do with the pedals rattling.

So if anyone has any other ideas i'm up to take a look myself, as he is super busy and I usually cant go up to his shop to have him actually work on it because he obviously wants to work on stuff that will get him money first lol he does mine for free.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Versa is still under warranty, I am going to take it in later this week and hopefully they can just fix it. And yeah i'm pretty sure it is electronic haha.

Do Versa's have ABS? I honestly have never known if they do or don't haha

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I know you were!
My ABS question was random lol sorry for that confusion.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is definitely feedback to the brake though. It is very very weird. More so to the brake than the gas pedal now. Hopefully it will be fine until I can get it to the dealership to get it fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.