Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone says that they are getting great gas mileage but im only getting around 25-27 MPG thats city and highway. I mostly do highway driving.im averaging around 70-85 MPH on highway.Any suggestions on how to get better gas milage.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Try to keep it when at all possible under 3000 RPMs. That's under 70 mph. Also try to keep it at a constant speed, hitting the accelerator or brake too often makes the engine work harder to get to that desired speed therefore using more gas.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Your not alone Silverversa407, my mileage is quite low. Generally my tanks are about 70% city, odd time the tank is mostly highway, but still my mileage is pretty low. My last tank was 9.2L/100km. Unless I drive like an old granny, my mileage is always around there.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
iluvmyV...
Thanks for posting something I understand.
I don't understand mpgs. lol.

Wow! 9.2L per 100kms.
That's not too bad but pretty bad.
I was hoping for something significantly lower than that.
Ya it's not horrible I guess compared to some cars that are out there!
I have had some tanks that are 6-7L/100kms but that was all highway and it meant keeping the cruise set to 100km/h.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
My manual V at 2800rpms in 6th gear at 100km/h my.02 lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont have a heavy foot in the car but i have a automatic so its hard for me to keep rpm's down unless i drive like 45mph everywhere.when i do city driving i was doing something like 29 mpg.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I get 23-25 in city with mine and mid to upper 30's on highways

·
Registered
238 Posts
So everyone says that they are getting great gas mileage but im only getting around 25-27 MPG thats city and highway. I mostly do highway driving.im averaging around 70-85 MPH on highway.Any suggestions on how to get better gas milage.
Stay under 3k RPM's and that is the biggest help and the newest sedan versions get the most MPG as for me I don't drive any highway at all normally and I get around 28-30 MPG on ethanol fuel and around 32-34MPG on pure gas (can't get it often since the closest station that sells it is around 35 miles away).

Luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just changed my oil which im using mobil 1 full synthetic, cooper tires at 37 psi.I'll see what kind of gas milage i will get this week.im going to fill up today.

·
Registered
114 Posts
For the past 4 weeks I have ran the car between 55 t0 60 mph highway and I have noticed a mileage of 320-330 miles per tank. City, I travel at around 35 to 40 mph and the mileage has greatly improved. I think I found the sweet spot. I never thought I would get these readings but they are true. As long as you ease off the gas and take your time getting to your destination the gas mileage will improve.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Just talking about this with co-workers. Above approx 105km/h or 65mph, fuel economy drops like a rock in almost any car. City driving doesn't help either:(. Glad you could get some numbers you're happy with:thumb2:
edit: updated April mpgs, see sig

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.