Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#8 · a moment ago

I have a 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8L S trim automatic. I'm suddenly having an issue with fuel mileage. I can usually get close to 500 miles to a full tank of fuel. A month ago I took a trip and went 464 miles on one tank. As of a week ago that has suddenly dropped by about half. I have had to refuel 4x in 3 days. Total miles on each tank were: 164, 179, 243 and 274. I thought it might be bad fuel and I had refueled with regular vs the midgrade I usually use. So I put a fuel system cleaner and an Octane booster in the tank before refueling, which brought the total miles per tank into the 200 range vs the 100. Still not good. I also noticed this morning that I wasn't in Overdrive and was on the freeway doing 70mph. However, when I press the Overdrive button, my OD light on the dash does not come on nor do I feel much difference when I press the OD button on the shifter. Not sure if that could be contributing to my fuel issue or not.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Will try to address a few things:
O/D Light- The light will only come on when O/D is turned OFF via switch.
Fuel- It had been cold and snowy across a lot of the U.S. this past week. Running the defroster WILL cut down on fuel economy, as will warming up the car.

A few questions-
How many miles on the car?
Is there any Check Engine Light?
When was the last service on the car(oil, trans)?
Are tires to proper inflation?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts