Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just drove on I-75 South from Knoxville, TN to Atlanta, GA 200 miles 3hr trip and the Versa used 1/2 tank, AC on, no traffic

one my way back I-75 North drove from Atlanta, GA back to Knoxville TN 200 miles 3hr trip and the versa used 1/4 tank, AC on, no traffic

I thought driving South gets better gas mileage than driving up north.

I did not change my driving going or returning, did the speed limits, had the AC on, nothing changed, no pit stops, no traffic, 3hr trip

Atlanta elevation is 1010 feet above sea level.
Downtown Knoxville is 936 feet above sea level.

is the 74ft difference what causing it?
People say driving south gets you better MPG, so not really :confused:

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
could also be the guage is not showing actual capacity as in rangers the last 1/4 seems to go rather quickly while it takes a long time for the first 1/4 tank. The only way to really tell would be to test the actual mpg, and gas brands, pumps, and other stuff can effect it slightly as well

·
Registered
551 Posts
the last 1/4 seems to go rather quickly while it takes a long time for the first 1/4 tank.
i seem to have that issue with mine.
its a good 4 days of driving until i get to the first 1/4 tank
but that last 1/4 driving the same as the days prior....gone in like 2 days
it baffles me every time.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hmm, that is actually very interesting. I notice the same thing as well...the last bit of the gas tank seems to go in half the time (maybe because the tank is sucking up old fuel/doesn't go as far because of the quality of what's left) and the traffic situations I suppose. Definitely something to watch to see how your Versa is doing mpg wise.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can probably get between city and highway 150 miles out of the last 1/2... just guessing

total mileage out of a full tank of gas 89 Octane to be specific =) I get 380 miles
that's city and highway mixed, never drove long enough to use a full tank
its just wierd that on my back back the gas mileage got really high.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i generally drive my versa until its down to fumes before filling up lol. dangerous i know but there is a gas station at the end of my street. this past wednesday i drove to kings island, filled up to where gas spilled out a little bit, drove 80ish with ac on and made it there and back with over a half tank. got 380 miles on that tank. which is a new record for me. and i drive extremely conservatively 0.o

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Same here. I can get about 180-200 miles out of the first half tank, then I only get about 100 miles from half to empty. It deffinatly dosent read the tank right. I hate when I got about 1/4 tank left, and the next day the light comes on. It just dosent read right. But somebody on here said that even when the light came on, he managed to get about 50 more miles out of it?!?!?! dont remember exactly, but I believe thats what they said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.