Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just a bit disappointed in my new Versa's gas mileage (2012 6MT hatch). I drive 65 miles each way to and from work, plus a side trip or two in addition. I'm only getting around 330 miles on a tank before the fuel warning light comes on, so that means I can't quite make 3 full trips on a fill-up. Today I had to stop at the country gas station on the way, and I threw $6.00 worth in the tank just to make sure I made it the 25 more miles to town, where gas is $0.20 cheaper per gallon. Most gas stations in the area have 10% ethanol added, but there's a few scattered around that still pure gasoline. Would switching to pure gasoline get me the extra 50 or 60 miles out of a tank? How far can you drive your V after the fuel warning light comes on? The gauge looks to me like it's barely below 1/8 tank when the light comes on, and it's taking about 10.5 gallons to fill up.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
i have comfortably driven about 70km/43 miles [home from work at midnight] after the low fuel light came on. Then put 45L in so about 5L was left in tank... "all quantities approximate" :D hope it helps

G

·
I have a 2011 and the gas mileage is not as claimed either,,it does get better once the car is broken in though I've noticed

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i have comfortably driven about 70km/43 miles [home from work at midnight] after the low fuel light came on. Then put 45L in so about 5L was left in tank... "all quantities approximate" :D hope it helps
I thought the cars only had a 45L tank? Or were you filling the filler neck too?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2011 and the gas mileage is not as claimed either,,it does get better once the car is broken in though I've noticed
It probably doesn't help that I pretty much constantly drive at 75-80 MPH on the interstate...

Actually my calculated fuel mileage was 32.4 MPG on the first tank, 29.4 on the second tank, and 31.5 on my fill-up last night, so pretty much as advertised on the window sticker. I do wish the tank held about another gallon, though, just to extend the range to that sweet spot for me.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I thought the cars only had a 45L tank? Or were you filling the filler neck too?
I'm pretty sure they have a 50L tank, i do put a couple bucks in the neck too though

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well I have a 11 Gal. tank (1 of which is for reserve) and if I have ethanol fuel in I usually get 28-29MPG, but if I can get pure gas (closest one is around 35 miles away but a local station is trying to switch to it ^^) it is around 32-34MPG.

Oh yes and none of that is highway, but it's a two lane road here 85% of the way to work and I get behind SLOW drivers constantly so that helps a lot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL! Yep, I have about 25 miles of 2-lane each way too, and I'm hella more hesitant now to go around a slower car than I was 2 weeks ago in my G35. It cost $50+ per tank to feed the G the premium that it so thirsted for, but it would easily go 380 miles or more on a tank - I got over 400 a few times.

·
Registered
238 Posts
LOL! Yep, I have about 25 miles of 2-lane each way too, and I'm hella more hesitant now to go around a slower car than I was 2 weeks ago in my G35. It cost $50+ per tank to feed the G the premium that it so thirsted for, but it would easily go 380 miles or more on a tank - I got over 400 a few times.
Yea before the V I never thought I would have to get a run-in-go basically to get up to a good speed to pass in the legal pass zones here lol, I came from a Mustang GT :thumb2: and it hauled ass when I wanted it too. Now in the V I'll never pass more than 1 car at a time whereas in the GT I'd pass 3 easily if nothing was coming :smilielol5:

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Well I have a 11 Gal. tank (1 of which is for reserve) and if I have ethanol fuel in I usually get 28-29MPG, but if I can get pure gas (closest one is around 35 miles away but a local station is trying to switch to it ^^) it is around 32-34MPG.

Oh yes and none of that is highway, but it's a two lane road here 85% of the way to work and I get behind SLOW drivers constantly so that helps a lot.
If you have a hatch your tank is 13.2 gallons I'm pretty sure. Actually all versa's have the 13.2 gallon tank except the 2012 sedans. Those I believe are smaller.

I usually pump in 11 gallons into my car. I have pumped 12 before but I went like 100 miles after the gas light came on :D. Not recommended.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If you have a hatch your tank is 13.2 gallons I'm pretty sure. Actually all versa's have the 13.2 gallon tank except the 2012 sedans. Those I believe are smaller.

I usually pump in 11 gallons into my car. I have pumped 12 before but I went like 100 miles after the gas light came on :D. Not recommended.
I believe the Versa and sentra have the same gas tank. Mine holds 13.2 or 13.5, I cant remember exactly. But when the MPG starts to blink ---- then I know its bout empty, and it cant calculate whats left, so I fill it. The last two times ive put in 13 gals. It clicks at like 11.5 gal, but then will go again to about 12.50, and from there its a clicking battle to 13, lol. But it hasnt over flowed yet. And for once the MPG says I have 410 miles till fill up. I havent seen that since I bought it new. Now I know the dealers secret! lol

·
Registered
238 Posts

Hmm I could swore I read it was 11 Gal., and since the highest I've pumped in was 9.6 at just above E, I never questioned it.

Oh well, the more you know :thumb2: and knowing is half the battle.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 2001 V HB, with the 1.8 and 4spd auto. I average about 300-335 miles per tank. ON long freeway trips I get 34-36 mpg. On mixed route for work n home about 30-32 mpg which matches the sticker. Let the car get thru its break in period then switch to full synthetic oil. Better for the car n helps the mpg's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.