Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The gear shifter light that lights up the PRNDL selection went out on my vehicle, and I was able to fish the old light out. I think a replacement will bulb will be fairly easy to find, but the orange light cap that allows the light to match the rest of the interior colors is dry rotted so it is no longer transferable to another light.

I would like to replace the light and still keep the orange color, but I cannot for the life of me find the replacement part on the Nissan parts website. In the service manual, the light is referred to as the "position lamp" on CVT-160. I expected to find a part for this in section 349 on the Nissan parts website but had no such luck.

Has anyone here run into this problem and know which part to order? I figure I can easily find a replacement lamp at any local auto parts store but the orange cap will be difficult to find. There is also a silver "cap" on the sides of the light to prevent any light bleed from lighting up more than 1 position on the PRNDL selector.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Yeah, you may need to shop around as many auto stores tend to sell the bright guys where as a real led supplier you can dial in a simple 5mm led for an indicator vs illumination.

Plan B would be lense tape. This is something you may need Autozone for as I dont think advance auto sells amber, orange stuff. Me, for parking lamps that are amber I try to get amber color bulbs vs clear so they appear brighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts