Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to put XM in my car without using an external receiver, so I did some research and found the Bosch Nav unit was the best option.
These were found in the following:

Versa
Sentra
Cube
Juke
NV
These were commonly used between 2010 and 2012.

All will work in the Gen 1 Versa with 1 or 2 little mods on the main 20 pin connector.
1- Most will have to add a ground wire to pin 20 and to a body ground. The original radios get their ground through the radio chassis itself, unlike the Nav radios.
Hence this mod.
2- Those originally with base radios will have to add a VSS wire to pin 18 and to pin 4 on the cluster connector.
Those originally with speed sensitive volume do not need to do this mod.
Everything else is the same on the 20 pin connector.

I am just sharing the basics so far. I am waiting on a few parts before I do the install.
BTW I got my radio out of a 2012 Cube.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just finished installing the Sat/Nav and all I can say is WOW!
This thing sounds as good as, or better, than the Bose system in my Saab.
I have the premium speakers(Clarion tweeters/Blaupunkt speakers) and those tweeters really come to life. Had to turn bass down and still has a solid low/mid.

So I can confirm that Juke and Cube Bosch Sat/Nav radios up to 2013 WILL work in the Gen. 1 Versa.
I had to run wire from the gauge cluster pin 4 to pin 18 on the radio. also added a ground wire from pin 20 to a body ground.
I also had to cut down the GPS antenna mount so it would fit in the Versa location
Those were the only mods I needed to make.

So here is the mishmash of parts I used for the install:
Radio from 2012 Cube
AM/FM/XM antenna and most antenna wire from 2015 Note.
XM antenna wire from A pillar to radio from 2013 Juke
AM/FM antenna wire from A pillar to radio is what came with car.
GPS antenna from 2013 Sentra.
Still waiting on 2012 radio bezel with USB/Aux port and cable(should be in next week).

When all is said and done, everything was about $200 and about 4 hours of labor to install it.
Worth it? HELL YA!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Post some pics when you get a chance. My son has been itching to dump his 2011 Versa HB that is still running well (except for the AC) with 125k miles. Rather than spend $10k+ on something new I suggested he upgrade wheels (all his wheel covers have been broken by Discount Tire), get the windows slightly tinted and a new stereo unit. I like what you just did. May be worth an upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will take some when the Sun comes out this morning.
Here is a list of what I have done to mine:

SL seats, door panels, center console, leather wheel
Aluminum wheels
Sat/Nav radio
Fog lights
Auto dimming mirror w/compass and Homelink
Premium speakers/tweeters and A pillar trim

I see you are not too far from me, I am in the West burbs. I can help in where to go for stuff.
My favorite yards are in Aurora and Blue Island.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some pics of what I have done to my car as requested by V65
They show most of what I have done.....so far!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts