Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not trying to be rude, or sound angry; its simply a relization. Everytime i get on the forums, which i do try to do every night at least once, i see the same people posting, and commenting on people's posts. This is great im not bashing these people. But we really need to all pitch in and find new members/recruits for the NVF website. I see maybe 2 or 3 new members a month on a good month. We can all do better than this, i know we can. So get out there and keep your eyes open!

oh and how do we donate to the NVF ?
paypall or what?

·
Registered
567 Posts
To pay: Click on "User CP"
Under "Miscellaneous" in the left column, there's a top called "Paid Subscriptions"

I think a lot of people are handing out cards and stuff, but for some reason, not everyone posts stuff. I guess some like to just read the columns for reference and don't put any input into what they're reading. I don't necessarily agree with that, but the internet enables people to stay anonymous if they want to.
Maybe people are scared that we're all going to be judgmental and stuff... Which I haven't encountered ever.
Who knows.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
if we post useful information for every versa owner and not just the ones who want to mod their car we will grow as a community.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Drop off cards at the dealerships next to the brochures and flyers. People will notice. Post articles about your car, tutorials and they will come. We are growing.

·
Registered
927 Posts
rob is right we need a general info section or a website to host our forum because people look for more generalized question. I've asked some simple data gathering question but some doesn't want to contribute :p but its all good I do understand how they feel " go search on your own type of thing" hehehe... One thing i want to say about the forum though. Every time I look at the forum it seems cluttered. I mean too many info to read about :p I'm hoping we can cut the clutter and have 5 sections only :p this is just an example :p don't look at it too deeply lol... http://forum.top.igg.com/ simple and appealing right :p announcement/help center/product experience/events/off topic because with the format we have right now I don't really bother into looking into every section for new post. I just click on new post (10 new post) but sometimes i hold on to a page for too long because i ate dinner or something then when i come back and click on new post again i see "no new post since you last visited" (but out of 10 i only get to read one) then i just close the site lol...

sorry i know you guys like that detailed segregation of sections but for some its too much :p

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I agree we need a restructuring of sections. There is too many and too many seem to overlap. We are still getting everything together but if not now then soon we need to clean it up a bit here.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, i reallly wish that all people would actually post things though and leave comments. I know i printed out a BOATLOAD of cards a while back and put them by the ownersmanuals for the nissan versa hatchbacks/sedans, becuase i work at hubler nissan dealership, and all the sales people said that when one is bought they would put the card in the ownersmanual.

Im trying to find people i figuered once i started working at a nissan dealership but half the people buying versa's dont care to much. I got in trouble actually for putting a flyer on the dash of a versa that i did an oil change on (i have a stack of flyers in my tool box =) ) but my boss got angry saying that is advertising for something not nissan related which i call bullshit on.

I tried to get him to let me doing it saying "It helps void the new car warrinties by helping inform versa owners that they can put cold air intakes on their vehicles, therefore potentially making our dealership more money" lol...

·
Registered
567 Posts
"It helps void the new car warrinties by helping inform versa owners that they can put cold air intakes on their vehicles, therefore potentially making our dealership more money"
That is HILARIOUS. I'm surprised that excuse didn't work!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he literally called me a smartass, and told me to get back to work..
=D

but he laughed to.

·
Administrator
5,026 Posts
Getting a large forum takes a while. Everyone seems to forget that. Passing out fliers i think is the wrong way to recruit members.

Best way to get members is getting ranked in the search engines.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is very true
i also beleive that the forum needs to be re-devloped
there seems to be a lot of randomness on this forum
nnot bashing it, but the forum sections has several options that all are very relitive.

·
Registered
867 Posts
If you submit a 'plan' for how the forums should be layed out we'd be more than willing to re-lay the forums out.

Other forums I run are the same, whereby after gaining popularity you realise that sometimes you can have too many forums....

·
Registered
927 Posts
First instead of getting a list of Recent Threads when you visit the site it should go and jump ahead to actual forum. instead of
http://www.nissanversaforums.com/ it should go straight to http://www.nissanversaforums.com/forum.php

This is the lay out i have in my head
*** Notes ***
If it is bold its a main category, then if it has " - " or dash it's a sub category then if it say "sticky" well you know what that is :p

Front Desk
- News, Event and Announcement
*Sticky* New Member introduction
*Sticky* Versa Advertisement and Flyers
*Sticky* Versa of the Month
- Car Club meet and greets
Versa Garage
- Technical Guide and Experience
*Sticky* Any "How to"
*Sticky* General Information About The Versa
- Exterior and Interior Car Care
*Sticky* Any "How to" pertaining to car care
- In Car Entertainment
*Sticky* Any "How to" Pertaining to In car entertainment
Parking Lot
- General Chat
- Flames and Blow off
- Off Topic
Versa Shopping Mall
- Product Reviews
- Vendor Review, Introduction and Discount Codes
*Sticky* Preferred Vendors

I will revise if needed :p but i hope you guys like this lay out its simple and easy to navigate. This will avoid the confusion of new members and people who doesn't know the difference between suspension and cold air intake locations :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think we need to get global... That's the only way it would grow... Although the versa has been in the US since summer 06 it is still a fairly new platform...

The only way for this to grow is for there to be more of us doing things custom to get out the exposure

This is where I'm heading...

After seeing the "Impul" car I'm hooked... Once I get this car refinanced I'll be on the phone w/ vis to get their "octane" lip kit

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
well i think there needs to be a few more forums, then that will be almost like how nico was and why i started this forum.

Also want commentary if you prefer the portal, or would prefer main page to just take you to the forums

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
to be honest I didnt realize how many different forums we had, I removed a few tonight and will clean house a bit more later on

·
Registered
431 Posts
good stuff...

me... personally I came from acurazine.com... I can't stand nico... its a mess.... nissanversa.org is bland...

I being a pretty recent member only found the site because I read about it on the other site... when I searched google for nissan versa forums was the 6th result...

so I agree we need to get it up higher...

ps. is it possible to mod the arcade... I am broke smh... I cant stuck that bad at blackjack

·
Registered
927 Posts
hope you like the lay out i did on my earlier post.
but heres something i started an hour ago lol
http://versaaddict.host-ed.net/
This is just a test site I'm asking for help though because i dont have photoshop atm :p i need a 775x135 image as a background behind versa addiction :p
well only if you guys have time if not i can manage :p
Heres my plan
-Create background image
-Link all how to externally to point to the forum
-basic info about the V
once the site is done it will be transferred to a different host :p

If there is anyone who is capable of designing a webpage through CSS and have a basic knowledge about HTML please pm me so i can give you access to the web files :p

i hope our forum will be simple :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts