Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After the curb incident I've decided to get 2 sets of tires (one for the summer and one for the winter). This means I'll use my stock rims as my winters and I'm now hunting for summer rims. I seriously had a really hard time looking for rims but I found something I like and I wanted to hear some feed back. I will be getting Tein lowering springs once the new rims are put on.

If I pick up these rims how do I know what the tire size is. Guessing its 195/55/16? Any all-season tire recommendations?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/16x7-Konig-Twili...Accessories&hash=item5ad999191e#ht_523wt_1139

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
There is a lot more selection if you use 205-55-16 or even 205-50-16.
I used Can Tire Motomaster LXR Touring tires on sentra. Lasted a long time but squealed easily with on/off ramps...not all bad:D On Versa have cheap sporty-ish tires, 185-65-15 stock sizing. Have to go quicker thru the same ramps before squealing, and my snows do more scrubbing than squealing. I recommend 205-50-16 LXRs when they come on sale in spring, if available in that size

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, thanks for the recommendation. I just bought the Good Year Nordics on sale for $76.00 each (30% off) at Canadian Tire a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully switching between the two seasons will save on the tire life. I got about 60,000km on the all season Continentals. When I first got the car they were squealing pretty bad haha.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Those are nice rims, I love white rims!
And switching should prolong tire life between the two sets ... I have been switching every year from winter to stock, and there are no signs that I need tires anytime soon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I think white rims look great too! But I'm worried about keeping it clean....I'll probably wax and polish the rim so its easier to clean.
White looks so sharp on blue and red ... If I ever have to replace the summer tires, I'll see if I can find a set of white rims; I keep checking kijiji too ... but I don't want to get bigger than 15".

If you just use them in the summer it will be easier to keep clean. :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
those white ones are sick but im a classic 5 spoke black rims kinda guy. i got these on the way in 17"s

then puttin my tien springs on...or i may put em on next paycheck

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
those white ones are sick but im a classic 5 spoke black rims kinda guy.
me too, either 5 or 7 spoke, 16 or 17 inch. Watching kijiji:thumb2: but these tires not worn out yet:(

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
if I was shopping for wheels...I would get something like this...

then lower it

I think they would look cool on my blue Versa, something with 5 spokes, dark gunmetal and chrome

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha you're right.. but something similar to what flversa has :thumb2:

ohh and the white rims look good too. the only small problem I would have is brake dust but you can get upgrade the brake pads
I read that if you use wax it makes cleaning the brake dust a lot easier. I'll probably invest in this and apply it to the rims before I put them on

http://www.eshine.ca/wheel_wax_8oz-3260.php?cat=14

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
yeah, but its really no big deal. my old 98 z24 and 96 subaru legacy had factory aluminum wheels and I used this

I had to use the high pressure waterhose at the carwash to get better results

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.