Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Global Warming man made or Natural?
Are we causing the planet to get hotter or just getting out of ice age?

"A cap and trade system is a method for managing pollution, with the end goal of reducing the overall pollution in a nation, region, or industry. Many proponents of pollution control support the concept of cap and trade systems, arguing that they are extremely effective, and that they make sense economically as well. Such a system is only one option among many for reducing the emission of pollutants, most notably carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas which has attracted a great deal of attention due to its environmental impacts."
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-cap-and-trade.htm

But,

"Recent polls that my organization released are clear: An overwhelming majority of small business owners oppose cap-and-trade legislation that has passed the House of Representatives. More than 70 percent of the business owners we surveyed think that the legislation will raise energy costs, and similarly large majorities don’t buy supporters’ claim that it will create new jobs or improve economic growth. And virtually none said that regulating greenhouse gas emissions should rank as a top national priority."
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/energy-a-environment/77553-surveys-show-americans-are-against-cap-and-trade

so.. what is your opinon? I thought it was funny when they were talking about global warming on TV and how the earth is getting hotter but then washington gets hit by huge snow storm and we also got hit with low record temperarutes last winter BBRRRRR but this summer feels pretty hot too me, the heat wave is unreal. very interesting...

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Lol ... I have noticed that over the years our weather here in Ontario has changed. Growing up as a kid here in Hamilton, we would get hit with huge amounts of snow every winter. School was cancelled all the time because we would get huge dumpings of snow all at once. Last year we had maybe two or three times when it snowed, and they were nothing really significant. We might have used our snowblower once or twice whereas in the past we would be using it weekly!

Also, this summer has been very hot and humid here in Hamilton. Last summer it rained almost every day and was very cool. I think that global warming is occuring and it is most likely caused by us here on Earth, but natural causes could be taking effect as well.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
weather is cyclical, and warms, and cools. it could be man made, but there is no proof either way right now. Cap and trade, would raise energy costs, raise prices of products, and would most likely hurt the economy even more.

·
Registered
53 Posts
"People think about geothermal energy - when they think about it at all - in terms of the hot water bubbling up in some places, but two kilometers or so down in most places there are these incredibly hot rocks, 'cause the interior of the earth is extremely hot, several million degrees, and the crust of the earth is hot ..."

Al Gore

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Call me a geek but I need more data.
Fewer theories, more data.
I hear on news El Nina coming thru again this year.
Does this mean more snow? Then melt quickly?
Do rising ocean levels mean it's getting warmer?
These should be easy to measure and report.
I'm afraid I have more questions than answers.

And if it's getting so warm, tell my wife to stop cranking up the thermostat:D

·
Registered
294 Posts
global warming will be a thing of the past.Rolling on the Floor
Soon we will be using CO2 from the atmosphere and be converting it to reusable energy.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
The earth naturally goes through a cooling and heating process, humans cause probably .0000000001% of the warming. It's all a scare tactic to get people to control their energy consumption, no really huge fluxuactions.

During the Paleozoic Era approximately 60 million years ago, the earth went through a cooling stage, much colder than the last ice age 10,000 years ago. So technically, the earth is in the process of heating up and then will cool down again.

·
Registered
452 Posts
dont forget how cows put out more methane then all the vehicles FIGHT THE CARBON TAX!! FIGHT IT!! and on that note i will go back into my little cave lol...

·
Registered
92 Posts
The earth naturally goes through a cooling and heating process, humans cause probably .0000000001% of the warming. It's all a scare tactic to get people to control their energy consumption, no really huge fluxuactions.

During the Paleozoic Era approximately 60 million years ago, the earth went through a cooling stage, much colder than the last ice age 10,000 years ago. So technically, the earth is in the process of heating up and then will cool down again.
What he said.

People like trends also. It's trendy to buy "green" products now. Even though I like the idea of my eyes not trying to leave my sockets when I use bleach, I'm still dubious when it comes to scare tactic methods.

I love, love, LOVE beauty/bath products. I find it interesting how the handmade/natural ones break my skin out more than commercial products. So, it makes me wonder and want to research the hype with anything that is out there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow, this is the worst thread ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts