Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 2007 versa hatchback 6 spd I just picked up a couple months ago, and I'm looking for an upgraded intake and exhaust to improve gas mileage and performance, as well as giving it a nice sporty sound. Not too loud, just something that makes it sound like its actually accelerating.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As mentioned takeda seems popular on this forum with dyno proven gains and ease of install. I opted for dc cai since it was about the same price as takeda and I want to match it up with the cat back from dc too. Have had it on my car for a couple days only and cant be happier! Bob from versaspeed.com can help you out. His site has an array of aftermarket parts for our car. Happy modding!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just like Sumo, I also opted for the DC intake and cat back, and soon I will hopefully match it with the DC headers too

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
you can be really different and go with a simota

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Anything can be done man. All you have to do is have adapters that go from 2.5 inches to 2 inches and a weld job. Let us know what you end up doing btw.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anything can be done man. All you have to do is have adapters that go from 2.5 inches to 2 inches and a weld job. Let us know what you end up doing btw.
I just need to know if thats what its designed for. From the way it sounds, its meant to make a larger pipe become smaller, rather than the way I intend to use it. I just dont want it causing problems, this is the first time I'm modifying a car and I dont want to cause any problems

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is easy to install. One thing to keep in mind, b/c the instructions aren't great, is you will have a small hose that has nowhere to hook up to. Also, your snorkel's base will go into the padded hole in the heat shield that comes with your SRI.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the takes a sri installed and its great. Definitely feel the power increase, less choking and sounds beast. I'll probably get a full exhause kit down the road after I get some nice looking wheels. I'm looking at XXR wheels right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.