Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my mother blew her engine - so she now has my versa since its under her name she said give it over and live w/o a car - I didnt even get to have a set of wheels for a month. Now I'm w/o a vehicle, moving somewhere where I'll have to walk 10+mi to get to the nearest town, heck nearest gas station is 7 mi away - have no way to get a job nothing - In short I'm *$&^'d.

It was nice to dream of having a car again so I could find a job - do something with my life. Cant even get back in college - I dont know what to do anymore...

Anyways - like I said - Goodbye.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
yeah thats kinda ridiculous. U cant share untill u have a job, and then give her like $100 month to use it? things can be worked out dude. My first car was a 2000 camry LE, got it for $8600 out the door, and put $4500 down, and an APR of 21% for 4yrs back in oct 2007. If you can put at least 25-50% of a down payment on a car, they are more likey to help u with a loan as a first time customer. That camry was in my name, and my name only. I payed it off in 1.5 yrs, and traded immeditaly for my 09 versa brand new with 8.2% APR for 60 months from dealer in 2009, which was refinaced 2 months later at 6.2% for another 60 months at $153.85 a month, and i have plans for having it payed for in about 10 months, and ill have under $15,000 miles on it when its payed for. I never thought it was possible myslef. Dude, get a plan together, and u can do this. Sad part about it is, i was only 20 when I bought the versa. Its possible, just get a plan together, and stick with it.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I still can't believe how high your financing rates are. Mines 0.9% and I thought it was high. If I had waited a few months I would have gotten it for 0%.

I'm surprised though that you can't work something out with her. If something happened to my car my parents would loan me one of their cars to use or we would share. Isn't there a way to share the car. Drive each other where you have to be? Or save up for your own. Here you only have to put down a security deposit. After that it's up to you if you want to put more down to reduce the payments.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cant share - she'll be working an hour away mon - fri. I have no credit so no car. She just took a major pay cut to just have a job so can barely cover that car. So no there is no way to share when you live in bum f*** eqypt parts of Mississippi

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also - I have no way of getting anywhere to work at this point so cant come up with any cash of my own to try and get a loan. Due to other situations that have come and passed...my mother was the only family that will even talk to me anymore - so I unno what I can do. I need a cosigner to get a loan, talked that with a dealership - they said even if I put down half the car I'd have to have a cosigner to get the car since i have no credit - thats my life.

·
Registered
315 Posts
That's so sad..

But, like what they say: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Just be optimistic.. One day you'll get everything back... with extras! :wiggle:

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's so sad..

But, like what they say: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Just be optimistic.. One day you'll get everything back... with extras! :wiggle:

Very true....as I am not trying to commiserate or anything, I too have horrible luck and have come from an extremely tough upbringing/poverty stricken family and have had no luck with cars. However, now that I have my Versa things have come full circle and I am doing many great things now that I never thought I could. Just stay positive and do what is important to you, the rest will work itself out. (Sorry about the cliche, but it's true)

Keep trying to better yourself and remember to make yourself happy no matter what. No matter the ups and downs, that's life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.