Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ordered my CAI last week and installed it tonight. Using the Fujita intake. Sounds awesome when you get on it. Also there is a noticeable torque increase. Only question to other who have it is it seems like my MAF is taught. I feel like there should be a bit more play in it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
auto sadly. My folks cant drive stick. But yeah man get it! I love it. a bit tricky to install I had to snip a few more wire ties then what it said in directions. But that was to get some slack in them.

·
Registered
927 Posts
grats on the buy :p No worries auto is good :p it would be better if you got the cvt :p but im kinda lost with your question though :p

"who have it is it seems like my MAF is taught. I feel like there should be a bit more play in it."

do you mean that the MAF is too tight?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah im worried im stretching it to much to get it into the slot. I feel there should be more play in the wires but from what I saw there really is not anything i can do.

·
Registered
927 Posts
did you play with the piping? you can twist it a little and still get a good grip on the rubber mount. trace the maf wiring see if there is another zip tie you can cut so it can loosen the wires a little :p

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
loosen up your piping, get everything snug and retighten ur intake. you should be ok. i had to mess around with my AEM intake like that a couple times will it was just right. congrats on the intake! it sounds insane when you gas it. my eyes lit up :p i totally wasn't expecting to hear a beast coming out of my bumper

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i get an average of 360 miles to my tank, with my intake and when i HAD my custom exhaust, ive noticed an increase in mpg when not flooring with with the DC Sports exhaust.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys, I need assistance please, this is what is going on, last week I purchased an AEM CAI (21-550C)(I am out of US, so the problem is even bigger) and I installed it on a Nissan Tiida 1.6L (HR16DE) sedan 2011.

The sound is amazing, it fitted perfect except under this: around 4500 rpm i feel like a delay-drop-loss of power for around 1 seconds and then it start responding not straight again until 6500rpms. what can cause this? and other thing that i noticed is that at idle, the car is around 1000-1100rpm, previously it was on 700rpms.

The day that I installed the CAI, i made this: Installed AEM intake without battery, MAF sensor unplugged and reinstalled. Throttle body unplugged, cleaned and installed. Spark plugs changed(all intake manifold removed )

Is it needed to scan the car at the dealer and reflash the computer? Can they deny the deny the service and void the warranty per installing the CAI? WHAT CAN I DOOOO?

This afternoon I reinstalled the original nissan intake and the car is working perfect, I really want to use my $350 intake, please help me someone...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.