Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man i didn't know that it would cost me almost $300 just to get a new set of glasses. I miss the days that I was paying $0.00 for a pair of new glasses but then again i like the glasses that i picked :p they have more choices than the navy has to offer. its 104 for the hi index glasses then 99.99 for the frame then 49+30 for the examination :( and i thought i will get it the same day :( but its 1-2 weeks haistt :(

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Lol. Yes glasses cost a lot of money. I only have prescription sunglasses, and mine cost me over $500 (They are Prada :)) But work paid for it, so it's all good.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Lol ... wow, that is expensive.

My eye sight is fine but I have other problems.
I just had laser eye surgery a few weeks ago to correct some holes that have developed behind my retina. Let's just say that it was not a pleasant experience. My sight has still not returned to normal, and it's been 3 weeks.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Its amazing how many people wear glasses nowadays thanks to TV's and PC's.....

I sit infront of a PC working for a good 14-16 hours a day (sometimes more when deadlines are near) and yet my eyesight is fine up close, yet anything further than a PC screen goes blurry :p

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its amazing how many people wear glasses nowadays thanks to TV's and PC's.....

I sit infront of a PC working for a good 14-16 hours a day (sometimes more when deadlines are near) and yet my eyesight is fine up close, yet anything further than a PC screen goes blurry :p
hahahahhahahahahaha i thought its something serious lol nice one

skunk lies lies and lies :p jk i wish my vision is 20/20

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I use to wear glasses and then I switched over to contacts. After while the contacts started bothering me out of the blue like 2 years later. I hated all the money wasted on dr visits, back up glasses, trying different contacts to see which will work better, and worst of all being out at night and not having contact case or solution with me. You would be surprised how often 20something year olds don't make it back home at night :). I decided to just get the Lasik. Now I'm 20/10 and don't worry about any of that crap. It hasn't all been peaches and cream but I'm happy.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I use to wear glasses and then I switched over to contacts. After while the contacts started bothering me out of the blue like 2 years later. I hated all the money wasted on dr visits, back up glasses, trying different contacts to see which will work better, and worst of all being out at night and not having contact case or solution with me. You would be surprised how often 20something year olds don't make it back home at night :). I decided to just get the Lasik. Now I'm 20/10 and don't worry about any of that crap. It hasn't all been peaches and cream but I'm happy.
How did you like the Lasik?

My laser surgery was not pleasant at all. It was covered by OHIP, (Thank goodness) because it was to correct a problem, and not my vision. I hated it. I could feel the laser pulsing into my left eye. The right eye I didn't really feel the laser at all. I just had the eyes checked again last night, and they said the holes have been lasered so that they cannot grow bigger, but there is still a chance that I might need further surgery in the future if my retina gets too thin :( Gross.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
How did you like the Lasik?

My laser surgery was not pleasant at all. It was covered by OHIP, (Thank goodness) because it was to correct a problem, and not my vision. I hated it. I could feel the laser pulsing into my left eye. The right eye I didn't really feel the laser at all. I just had the eyes checked again last night, and they said the holes have been lasered so that they cannot grow bigger, but there is still a chance that I might need further surgery in the future if my retina gets too thin :( Gross.
The surgery was painless, comfortable, and over in 5 minutes. I did both eyes too, that is how quick it was. I couldn't feel anything and actually except for the first 5 seconds of each eye I couldn't see anything except a red dot. Which is crazy since my eye was held open. My only issue is with dryness. My eyes were horribly dry and still are a bit. Nothing like they use to be. It's probably my own fault though as I am not following the medication like I should be. I may need future surgeries but thus far half a year later the dryness is going away and my vision is better then perfect.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
The surgery was painless, comfortable, and over in 5 minutes. I did both eyes too, that is how quick it was. I couldn't feel anything and actually except for the first 5 seconds of each eye I couldn't see anything except a red dot. Which is crazy since my eye was held open. My only issue is with dryness. My eyes were horribly dry and still are a bit. Nothing like they use to be. It's probably my own fault though as I am not following the medication like I should be. I may need future surgeries but thus far half a year later the dryness is going away and my vision is better then perfect.
Ya my mom had laser surgery to correct her vision (she had this done many years ago). Cost $1000 per eye to have the surgery done, but her vision was really bad and glasses were costing her a fortune. She now only needs reading glasses for small print, but other than that she can see perfectly. For her surgery she got to lay down, and had medication given to her to relax her and freeze the eyes.

My surgery was not so comfortable. They gave me drops to freeze the eye, yet I could feel the laser pulsing on my left eye. And for my surgery I was sitting up. They too used a glass object to hold each eye open. All I could see was a very bright light. It was weird because the waiting room was full of seniors. I was the youngest person there. And anyone who I have talked to has said that what I had done is what most old people get done, lol. It's a problem that generally occurs in your later years (for some people). I just can't ever play any contact sports because if I get hit in the eye, it would cause my retina to tear (as it is very thin).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts