Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Greg Jones and I own a 2015 Nissan Versa SV. I owned a 1991 Honda Accord LX before I traded it in for this Nissan. I had to because it was going down in the dumps and requiring more money and knowledge than I had on hand to keep it running. While I enjoyed the 2.4 L engine in the Accord, I haven't notice too much of a difference with the 1.6 L engine that this Versa has. In fact, I feel it is a bit zippier, maybe because the components aren't all worn out. Takeoffs feel lagged. Anyhow, I have recently been interested in some easy and affordable mods and/or to just be a part of a community. I think my first project would be to put a SRI in. I don't have pictures of the car on hand as I'm at work, but I can get those as soon as I have some free time at home. I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to cars, so I appreciate any future feedback or constructive criticism.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A good mod (?) would be to use a good oil filter and oil. I personally recommend anything that is brand (like Mobil, Pennzoil, Castrol) even if it is not synthetic, it is much better than oreilly's oil and filter.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome Greg!

As far as mods go, my opinion on this particular car is that the engineers left very little-to-nothing in the way of low-hanging fruit for performance mods. You can do a CAI/SRI if you want, the effect will be pretty much entirely placebic. Same thing with exhaust. Thats not to say its entirely not-worthwhile, it gives "good feels" to "do something" to a car and make it kinda custom and your own and thats worth something, I'm just saying actual performance is probably never going to be measurably better than stock with bolt-ons. I prefer to spend my mod budget for this car on creature comforts like stereo upgrades and features I didn't get with the base modal like power locks, steering wheel wrap, etc. Thats just me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Greg!

As far as mods go, my opinion on this particular car is that the engineers left very little-to-nothing in the way of low-hanging fruit for performance mods. You can do a CAI/SRI if you want, the effect will be pretty much entirely placebic. Same thing with exhaust. Thats not to say its entirely not-worthwhile, it gives "good feels" to "do something" to a car and make it kinda custom and your own and thats worth something, I'm just saying actual performance is probably never going to be measurably better than stock with bolt-ons. I prefer to spend my mod budget for this car on creature comforts like stereo upgrades and features I didn't get with the base modal like power locks, steering wheel wrap, etc. Thats just me.
Yeah, I figured the least. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts