Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm totally new to this...my 2012 Nissa Versa is the first NEW car I've purchased. VERY exciting. I've only had it a few weeks but so far, I adore it. The true test will be when I attempt to add a roof rack system to carry my kayak this summer.

I know NOTHING about roof racks, so this will be interesting!

I'm sure there's a discussion somewhere in this site where other's have already discussed the addition of a roof rack, and I'll be searching out those comments shortly. But right now I just wanted to say hello from northern Minnesota!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Check out various websites to find the cheapest price on the roof racks, maybe even used ads (craigslist?) ... I got mine from Nissan, and the bike attachment from Rack Attack. It fits fine and many members here have used the racks to carry kayaks.

Be sure to post up pics :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
656 Posts
welcome! i spent a lot of time in duluth back when i lived south of ashland, wi

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
welcome to the forum enjoy your stay :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome!

As for carrying a Kayak, my hatch has no problem hauling around my 16ft kayak. I have even carried a second 14 ft kayak as well and it works just fine.

For roof racks, I just have the thule ones you get from the dealer, seemed to be the best deal believe it or not. It isn't as easy to get the back one on as it is a bit of a stretch from where it should be in order to keep the bars on either end of the cockpit of your kayak. Its still not too bad though. As for mounting the kayak on, I just got some of the foam blocks for carrying kayaks and they have a cut out on the bottom to fit around the bars on the roof rack. I put the kayak on those, then use rachet strap the kayak down to the bars. 2 straps, and it works fine!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.