Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, forum members!

My name is Matt and I hail from Daytona Beach, Florida. I'm a new Versa owner as of two months ago. "The CARDIS," as I have named her (because she's blue and the V definitely feels bigger on the inside) is six years old and has just over 67,000mi on the clock. She's an S trim level with 6 speed manual tranny, plus power accessories, soft-touch materials and an aftermarket cruise control (very necessary when driving more than 500mi/wk.)

I've been doing some lurking as I learn more about my new car. I decided that it was time to register and make an introduction! I'm intending this to be a short post so I won't say much more. Happy to answer questions if asked! Attached is a pic of the V on the ramps this morning for her first oil change (whilst in my posession, anyway.)

-Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome bro, I have always called mine the "Tardis" of Dr.Who fame because of what I can fit in it. I have a photo somewhere of me PLUS two mates PLUS all our computers and LAN gear when we arrived at a game weekend, and there is no way you'd think we safely fit it all in! lol

They are great cars with great potential :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No real BIG plans, really...

Welcome to the forums. Glad to see more Florida members. Good color choice, and manual. Any plans for it?
JoshG,

I have limited plans for it. The stock stereo has no aux jack or other connection for my iPhone. So the stereo is going to be replaced with a Bluetooth and iPhone capable, single-DIN unit.

The placement of the stock accessory outlet is pretty lousy as well, so I'm planning to install some additional in-cabin power. I'm looking into the possibility of installing some 5V USB charging ports directly into the lower instrument finisher (right below the HVAC controls) as well as a single 12V acc power socket in the rear of the passenger compartment and possibly one in the hatchback area. (Then I could install a power inverter and be able to charge customers' laptop computers from inside the car.)

One more functional plan; the interior lighting is... lacking. My V did not come with the map light unit. I'm wondering if I can purchase the factory map light assembly and install into my V (if anyone knows if that can be done.) I assume that the connector is installed and is just hanging out above the headliner but I haven't looked. Additionally, I'd like to install a couple of low-intensity orange LEDs into the lower instrument finisher to provide light in the cupholder area at night, without interfering with my ability to see.

- If I actually DO any of these things, I'll be sure to document them! -

Last planned update: find and install a set of factory alloy wheels. I don't appreciate the aesthetics of the stock hubcaps but I'm not into aftermarket wheel designs either.

As far as power and performance, I wouldn't do anything to the car to lower the fuel economy or increase the noise. The stock 122hp is more than plentiful for driving to and from customer's locations here in flat-and-straight Florida. Maybe if someone made a final drive kit, then I would consider installing that. The stock gearing seems a little short for economical driving on flatland highways.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Actually I believe the 04-06 SE-R and Spec-V use the same exact wheels, only difference between the two is the badge and 15-20 extra hp on the Spec-V. So they not really similar to those of the versa's SLs.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Welcome to the forums. When I first got on the site there were only a few Florida members, now there's a good handful of ppl.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.