Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Versa HB that just had it's tune up. I'm on 116,000 miles. Now, the car recently did the short vibrations while stopped and I was told that's normal but I figured let me just go in for the tune up and the oil change. After my tune up, my car would make a grinding noise while braking and when stopped on Drive inconsistently and for short periods of time. Over the next couple of days, the grinding while braking went away and now the noise only happens when I'm at a complete stop while on Drive. I've been putting my car on Park while stopped at a light. The dealership has agreed to look into it since it happened after the service but I am curious to cross check information from people here. I can't describe the grinding noise very well but it doesn't sound likes it's metal hitting metal.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Read up on the other posts about CVT problems.

You may have a bit of a decision to make as you are well past the warranty.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Check the heat shields under the car and the engine and trans mounts, just could be an issue with one of those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing