Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
gee dosent this look familiar i remember i was intrested in a kit that one of the guys from the forum we should never talk about on here but nobody went for it

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna measure the distances of the grounding points. I called up a local audio shop for 4 gauge wire. They sell for $3.50 per foot, kinda seems much, but gotta measure to get enough. Then ring terminals are $2 each, 5 ground points, so $20 for ring terminals alone. Hmm I'm thinking I should buy the kit and save me some time and hassle from making them :shrug:

·
Registered
567 Posts
It sounds like it could exceed the cost of the kit... You're right, it comes down to how much of a hassle you want to go through too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just ordered one, when I get it I will let you know how the install goes. Figure this cant hurt with all the electronics in the car.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just ordered one, when I get it I will let you know how the install goes. Figure this cant hurt with all the electronics in the car.
Ah arite cool. Its only for the engine grounding, better distribution of the power there will help the electronics for the rest of the car, especially your pounding system lol :cornut:
http://www.flex-innovations.com/raw.htm

they made our grounding kit for our mazda...follow the link and you can buy the stuff in bulk
Sweet link! Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
It has not showed up yet, supposedly it takes 4-7 business days from when it has been shipped, but their site says it was processed on 3-31. So if I dont get it or hear back from their customer service by friday, I plan on cancelling the payment from my credit card.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It has not showed up yet, supposedly it takes 4-7 business days from when it has been shipped, but their site says it was processed on 3-31. So if I dont get it or hear back from their customer service by friday, I plan on cancelling the payment from my credit card.
:iagree: Smart move. I hope it does show up so you don't have to deal with customer service and stuff. Finger crossed!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just got an email, apparently they were in the process of moving their distribution center. It was shipped today and I should have it soon. I will update once I have the kit and I have installed it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm getting mine within the week maybe tomorrow. They used 8gauge instead of the 4gauge I originally wanted. They did resistance tests and found that there isn't much loss between the two since the distances of the grounding points aren't that far. Dj did you get the alternator power cable as well?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes I ordered the kit + the alternator cable. It will be worth it I think, though i considered using some of my left over 0/1 gauge to run from the alternator to the battery but making the terminals work was going to be a bitch so I figured this is an easier option that will fit appropriately.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got My grounding Kit today in the mail. Can't wait to get it in my V perhaps this weekend I will have some time.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yay! I love to hear when something actually shows up in the mail... I hear horror stories of fake companies and fraud and crap and always hold my breath when I order from places besides Amazon and such. Can't wait to hear about how the kit works!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts