Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okie so my sister wants to transfer the internet bill to her name right so i said okie less load for me. Shes the type of person that will ask a lot of question but will give in easily with lies and BS of promotional offerings. She told me that my internet connection is only 5mbps and I was like no its 10mbps so i called up charter cable earlier and asked them what is my connection speed and they told me 5mbps and then i told them ive been with you guys for 10 years and youre telling me i have 5mbps connection when did my contract changed. Then he said sir hold on for a minute there must be an error then after being on hold for 10 minutes he told me that my connection is fixed now and it should be at 10mbps download/2mbps upload... i guess they were about to trick my sister so she would pay higher for the same speed that im getting stupid charter but i have no choice because this is the only cable company in my area grrrrrrrrrr and i hate dsl its too slow...

www.speedtest.net check your connections

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know the feeling only have the choice of comcast no now it is called time warner cable other than that nothing not even att u-verse. we have been with them for.....10-15 years now. no other choices other than dial-up. :(

·
Registered
622 Posts
Oh that would suck.. lol
I remember my dial-up days.

I unfortunately only have one choice for internet also. Its called Wave Broadband or something like that. They offer 10mbps/2mbps also for like $30 a month or something like that. I have ALWAYS had Comcast in the past with 12mbps but I guess there isnt much of a difference from 10 and 12.

I'd just like to have more options.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah my other option is a 56k 128k or 700kbps dsl :( i wish i have other choices like cody lol yeah 10 or 12 doesnt make a difference unless youre downloading 2gb of movie files for the most part its the same speed :p only seconds in difference... :p

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
We have internet here that is run from our cable, and it is high speed. I can go to you tube and watch a video right away, no lagging behind for it to load. I love our internet. And its unlimited bandwitdth (whatever that means) haha!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah only cable can do a fast connection i dont care what the dsl user will say but their max is only 2mbps... bandwidth is how much data can you transfer back and forth for a month some states have this like comcast of IL they will disconnect you if you go over their max bandwidth per hour. i think its 2gb per hour i always get disconnected every time i download a full movie ^_-v but thats with comcast/IL other than that charter/CA has unlimited bandwidth too :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts