Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received a phone call today from Performance Nissan asking me if I still own the Versa, I said yes. Then he said I can see in your record that you have 12.9% interest rate and I said No, it is way lower than that. Then he continued and told me that I'm paying 560 a month for my Versa. Again I told him no and I didn't finance my car with you guys. Then he said Sir are you interested in trading in your vehicle? I said No, thanks. Then he asked me if I have friends or relative who is looking for a car, I said No.

LMAO I don't think I'll buy from them anymore lol lying to the very customer that bought a car from them >.<

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ahhh classic amateur salesman talk. Trying to find someone who is a ignorant customer that will go "WHAT! I pay how much in interest, why YES I'd LOVE to fix it with you guys."

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
WTF? Im still confused. hahaha. Once in awhile I get the little letter that says "we'll give you 10% above KBB value!" but I don't bite. haha. Thats how they lured me in to buy the versa. "come in to see if you're the winner of one of our prizes!" I won $1000 off a car. The original asking price you say? $1000 above book value. hahahaha. They listed my Versa for almost 15,000!! and it was 2 years old. I got em down though :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
WTF? Im still confused. hahaha. Once in awhile I get the little letter that says "we'll give you 10% above KBB value!" but I don't bite. haha. Thats how they lured me in to buy the versa. "come in to see if you're the winner of one of our prizes!" I won $1000 off a car. The original asking price you say? $1000 above book value. hahahaha. They listed my Versa for almost 15,000!! and it was 2 years old. I got em down though :)
Yeah... I think MSRP was like $14k-something for the S in 2006. Then they came out with they with the 1.6 and that was like below $10K.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My car was actually the showroom car so the exterior was kept in excellent condition outside of the elements of the lot and the interior kept clean as well. Asking price was $14k but I got em to go down to $12k and throw in an extra key. Although because at the time I didn't really have credit (damn numbers even if you make good money that number can screw you over) it got financed and brought it up to around $15k :/ Oh well I still love it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The crazy part of the whole phone conversation was him asking if you are paying $560.00 a month. I would never pay that much for a car no matter what car it is. Especially $560.00 for a Versa? :(

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I can see paying a high payment if you financed for a smaller period of time (36 months).

Nissan is always sending me invites to come trade in my car on a new one. I just throw the invites in the garbage. Having no car payments is making me like the car more and more (only 8 payments left) :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
The crazy part of the whole phone conversation was him asking if you are paying $560.00 a month. I would never pay that much for a car no matter what car it is. Especially $560.00 for a Versa? :(
Maybe he thought he financed for 24months? Then that would make sense otherwise he must have mistaken the Versa for the 370z lol :smilielol5: "Nissan has officially announced the 180v" lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
I can see paying a high payment if you financed for a smaller period of time (36 months).

Nissan is always sending me invites to come trade in my car on a new one. I just throw the invites in the garbage. Having no car payments is making me like the car more and more (only 8 payments left) :D
Good job :D It's an amazing feeling let me tell ya. I got mine OCT 2006 and finished paying it off in late 09. It was great.

But yours cost more than mine :D

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Good job :D It's an amazing feeling let me tell ya. I got mine OCT 2006 and finished paying it off in late 09. It was great.

But yours cost more than mine :D
Yes, I can't wait until its paid off; it did cost a little bit more. I was going to buy a second car when it was done being paid off, but I like seeing the money in the bank instead. Plus I only need one car :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hahaha I get those letters a lot from the same stealers. I almost went to one when they said "we are having a BBQ come on down and eat lunch with us". Mine is paid off, just adding more miles ^_^v 07 with 86k miles.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, no need for 2 cars haha. Other than the Versa, the only way you're gonna save more gas is if you ride a bike (a bicycle). It's what I do!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Yes, no need for 2 cars haha. Other than the Versa, the only way you're gonna save more gas is if you ride a bike (a bicycle). It's what I do!
If I didn't have to dress up for work, I might consider biking it once in a while.

I still want a different car in the future, but would rather buy a house first to put them in!

·
Registered
61 Posts
If I didn't have to dress up for work, I might consider biking it once in a while.

I still want a different car in the future, but would rather buy a house first to put them in!
There's nothing wrong with dressing nicely for work.

And same here, I've been overdue on a new car for like years now.

Get a new home with a 2-car garage :D

·
Registered
6,567 Posts

I don't need a new car at all, Kit runs perfectly fine. Problem is I would like a new car. But I'm just saving for the house instead now :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't need a new car at all, Kit runs perfectly fine. Problem is I would like a new car. But I'm just saving for the house instead now :)
Same here. This car has been the most loyal thing, besides my dog. :D
I have seen your car, by far the cleanest looking one. And yes, that is a lot of Hello Kitties haha.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

Ahhhh I would LOVE a 2 car garage. I always had one at my parents, and there is a family "farm" (not worked though) too that has lots of room for indoor storage, but I only have a one car garage at my place (semi-detatched). And it is my man cave. Why do I need a man cave when I live alone? I don't know. But it is fun to have a kind of outdoors yet still sheltered living room to hang out in on nice days... I have a smoker I put just outside the door on the driveway to do up ribs/steaks and beer fridge, couch and tv inside! Not to mention the compressor, welder, tool boxes and work bench... I really need a bigger garage! When I build my next house it is definitely going to have an absolutely HUGE garage :)

My Versa is the first new car I have ever bought. Although I can't say that I love the car, it is still special because it was my first brand new car. So while I always think of trading/selling it... I probably won't, it will just be part of the growing stable lol.

Back on topic... this post reminds me of a post I just saw over on TCL... http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5551805-Lolz-Bob-s-of-Milford!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ahhhh I would LOVE a 2 car garage. I always had one at my parents, and there is a family "farm" (not worked though) too that has lots of room for indoor storage, but I only have a one car garage at my place (semi-detatched). And it is my man cave. Why do I need a man cave when I live alone? I don't know. But it is fun to have a kind of outdoors yet still sheltered living room to hang out in on nice days... I have a smoker I put just outside the door on the driveway to do up ribs/steaks and beer fridge, couch and tv inside! Not to mention the compressor, welder, tool boxes and work bench... I really need a bigger garage! When I build my next house it is definitely going to have an absolutely HUGE garage :)

My Versa is the first new car I have ever bought. Although I can't say that I love the car, it is still special because it was my first brand new car. So while I always think of trading/selling it... I probably won't, it will just be part of the growing stable lol.

Back on topic... this post reminds me of a post I just saw over on TCL... VWVortex.com - Lolz @ Bob's of Milford!!
heh uh-oh...you said you don't love your Versa :0 haha. I love my Versace.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts