Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol sooooo..

im from baltimore maryland, but currently am living on the east coast in ocean city maryland. HUGGEE vacation spot, lots of people.

i decided to drive up and down the main strip last night to kill some time, and these kids in a vw gli were harrassing me the entireee time. trying to provoke racing, revving their engines exploiting their blowoff valves.. and all kinds of garbage.

it just made me laugh, cuz i had just washed my car and i knew it looked good. but it was funny.

do our cars really look good enough to provoke harassment from others? hahah

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I don't know if that's the case but it could be the driver? If you drive like a maniac, have windows rolled down and make a lot of eye contact, it can create unwanted attention. Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
927 Posts
i drive with my windows rolled down if im thinking other than that its rolled up because of the city smell hahahaha... but you got to love the smell of LA lol... about being provoked just keep rolling hehehehe they will get pissed off or irritated ^_^v specially if you are driving in front of them and just cruise your way 1mph below speed limit lol hehehe

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i was just kind of hanging out on the main strip. i did have all my windows down, and was playing jam band tunes as loud as possible.

but the road was somewhat congested so its not like i could drive recklessly or offensively. it was the driver in the GLI and the car was packed with 4 other kids around my age (20)

he was like "put a shirt on!" and kept revving hahah

i just kept jammin :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
lol yesterday theres a cobra wanna be who keeps revving his engine on the road while driving "immature" he keeps on flooring his pedals on every stop light but he keeps on getting the red light on the next stop light lol so what i did is left him on the green on the third stop light and i kept my speed at 40mph lol then he finally catch up with the rubber band effect and i guess he was on 60mph and he rev so hard when he passed me then theres a cop i guess he did not see it then he got pulled over hahahahahahahha...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HAHA

a few weeks ago some kid had a BRAND NEW (still had temp tags) Hyundai genesis coupe. top of the line. he went completely NUTS turning left onto the main strip, floored the shit out of his car. lost all control, started spinning into circles (i thought he was doing donuts intentionally) then hopped the curb and cracked his axle LOLOL

i literally stopped as close as i could to point and laugh at him :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its more of when you get into that "city" atmosphere, thats when you get the crazy drivers i think.. because im from the city, and i suck at driving ..im a maniac.

i notice that my style and comfort in driving when im in the county kind of pisses the locals off haha. but in the city i blend in a bit more on occasion :p

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
my car attracts some attention, since i have the vortekz generators and the versaspeed.com decal people stare and provoke me to race. most of the time i do haha but if its something i know that will kick my ass i won't bother wasting my gas. i just let em go. but i know cops LOVE to stay behind me and watch my every move, they are lookn to give me a ticket for anything

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the only time i "race" is if someone in the city is trying to guttersnipe me at a light. (guttersnipe = 2 lanes at a stop light, after the intersection is one lane, someone will ALWAYS pull up in the right lane especially if it isnt marked right turn only and try to get in front of you after the light) i hate it. so i do everything i can to prevent it lol

racing is way too dangerous, and ive almost crashed a few times trying to save my guttersnipe pride haha

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I'm going on vaca in OC, MD next month! Any tips or pointers for me?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
^^ useful advice no matter where you go :)!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HAHA come hang out with meeeee

oc is way too fun, especially for the bar scene

im not 21 (21st is in september) so i havnt gotten too involved with the bar scene, but when i have its been a blast.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.