Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys!
i was wondering if anyone knows how easy, if possible, it is to take apart the halo ccfl headlights that used to float all over ebay. I am aware that the actual headlight is an Anzo #121240, and are now discontinued, however some are still out in the wild for grabs.

anyways, does anyone know if it is different than the OEM headlights in terms of assembly? are there clasps or something that holds the headlight together (like that of BMW), or is it using an epoxy/sealant of some sort (like OEM)? just wondering how easy it would be to modify the internals, like the electronics and halos, on the off chance something breaks due to anzo's apparently cheap build quality.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Check the how to section I think there's a how to in there

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmm, I believe you are referring to the headlight installation thread?

I'm looking more at the actual disassembly of the headlight, so the pictures help me guess a little, but I was looking for a bit more hands on knowledge.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had them a few years ago in the Fast & Furious days...but took them off because of how bad the output is and how bad they look.

Generally, the "Angel eyes" burn out because they are led's which should only be given 3-5v. Considering how cheaply made they are, the manuf does not put correct resistors in if any at all. Then most people hook them up to 12v which causes them to burn out within months.

Mine we glued just like most oem headlights.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Its an interesting project. I had a set of those and I wanted to do this but didnt have the tools to modify them so I gave up and traded them. It can be done. You can get a set of good projectors and modify your headlights(OEM or aftermarket) to fit the projectors. With the right tools you might even be able to get rid of the LEDs. There was a how-to on NICO that mentioned using a dremel to open your headights. I have a spare set of headlights...I meed to get to work. :)

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
awesome thanks! im not sure what the method was in opening it, but glad to see its possible.
Those are my old projectors. He used a heat gun and flat head screw driver to open them. Seems much easier opening those than OEMs. I tried opening my OEMs and didn't work. :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are my old projectors. He used a heat gun and flat head screw driver to open them. Seems much easier opening those than OEMs. I tried opening my OEMs and didn't work. :(
yeah for opening OEM, the only way I know is through baking the housing, and i didnt want to tamper with it like that lol. is there really no other safe way to open it and then easily assemble it back together?
the pictures dont really say for the heat gun method, and im assuming it was epoxy for the dremelled headlight. a bit too messy of a diy for me on the latter. im assuming the heat gun method is much safer of an alternative haha we'll see what i do when i receive em, just waiting on a little more money, and making sure ill be home for when it is delivered haha
thanks for the help guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts