Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you and no it is not...that is what we have all been waiting for...TURBO

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this set up was $267, if i add in all the other parts....just under $1k....doing mostly everything myself minus the downpipe and tuning. this is the first of the parts to show up, rest will be gettin in over the next few days but ill be in a military leadership school for the next 2wks so i wont be able to get pics off all the parts till then but i promise i will keep a highly photographed build thread for you guys

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as for HP, im only aiming for 180 for now...keep it a low boost setup, as it gets broken in i might crank it up a lil more...well see

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn't know you could adjust 'em. I don't know much about cars although i'm learning. Also, what about an intercooler? would that be a necessity or just an added bonus?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not a necessity but really helpful. take the hot air and cools it as air passes though making it so the air goin into the engine cooler

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the b-day wishes and yes its a 60

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
What kind of turbo is that and where did you get it?

Also who is making your exhaust manifold?

and lastly where are you draining the oil to from the turbo?

I have more questions but let's just start here :).

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I really want one so bad. i cant wait to see your write up on how to install and I cant wait to see how it runs with it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I seriously want one where did you buy it from :)
company called CX racing, cxracing.com: BMW E30 M3 323 325 328 T3 Turbo Manifold BOV WG OIL KIT , i got all that minus the manifold
What kind of turbo is that and where did you get it?

Also who is making your exhaust manifold?

and lastly where are you draining the oil to from the turbo?

I have more questions but let's just start here :).
its a t3/t4

CX Racing

im using the stock mani and doin hi temp coating along with heat wrap and just welding the flange to it

im feeding it with a sandwich plate and i bought a oil pan from a junkyard and going to tap into that for my drain. do it off the car so there is lil to no chance of metal shavings ending up circulating into the motor or turbo

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I take it that the turbo itself along with the BOV and everything else that came with your kit is universal? Just saying since it says it's for the BMWs on the site. Do tell where you got everything else as well cause for just under 1k lot of people might want to jump into this. Looking forward to the install and results, good luck and god bless you for serving this country.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
It will be interesting in seeing the manifold and how everything fits. I can't wait, I'm excited for this.

Be careful going into the lower oil pan for draining the oil. My 1.6 at least doesn't have a deep pan and the drain needs to be higher then the oil level in order to drain properly.

I take it that the turbo itself along with the BOV and everything else that came with your kit is universal? Just saying since it says it's for the BMWs on the site. Do tell where you got everything else as well cause for just under 1k lot of people might want to jump into this. Looking forward to the install and results, good luck and god bless you for serving this country.
All turbo parts are universal. The only specific part in a turbo system is the exhaust manifold.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.