Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is James, I'm from the Bay Area. I have a 2009 Versa hatchback, with 84K miles , (commuter) . I love this car. But just this morning I get this "service engine soon" light that will not go off....is this something I need to be worried about, I mean I'm worried already cos I'm on this forum...I'm sure this has happened to somebody before...so perhaps I can get some pointers as to how to go about getting some answers or even getting the right experts to go to. Anyway, I'm sure there's a lot of info on this forum..as I get to know and navigate through this website...thank you!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey James I'm from the bay area to. not to far away from you in Brentwood. In regard to the service engine soon light there are a couple things you can do. You can buy a scanner tool which is a pretty good investment and you can get one from kragen or sears or napa. Or almost any shop has one. I know a guy here in Brentwood who checks my cars for free. List: Search for 'code readers/scanners' | O'Reilly Auto Parts
here are couple at kragen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fereo, thanks for your reply..I've played golf in Brentwood nice courses...but regarding the scanners, I don't know if its worth buying if I'm just going to use it once...

·
Registered
89 Posts
your best bet then is to find a local shop that will do it for free or a small charge. Unfortunately I haven't bought one yet or I'd let you borrow it. We should meet up sometime since we're so close.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Welcome to the forums. If your a D.I.Y. type of person than a scanner tool is the way to go. If not, and your under a warranty then take to a dealership, again if it not, then any auto repair shop will be able to tell you what's wrong. Just make sure the shop is reputable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Jvers...I took it to my dealer, but on the way there...the "idiot" light went off, however, I still wanted to know why it turned on in the first place, so I proceeded to the dealership...and he had a scanner, made a few observation then he found nothing that should worry about...so that's that....hopefully, it doesn't come back on, maybe I'll buy a scanner then..

I have another problem with this car , the trunk will not open via remote...I have to go inside and manually unlock it from the inside whenever I want to use the hatchback...ver frustrating, I check fuses, all other doors work...and I don't know how to get to the solenoid that triggers the lock...I just want to put a key lock on the trunk...any suggestions would be appreciated..thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats on the good news with the light. I have the dumb tpms light that will not go off!!! I think one or multiple sensors are bad. As for the trunk I have no idea sorry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.