Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So given the placement of the cig power adapter v. the aux input on the radio, I think i'd prefer to just hardwire a charger directly into the cars power.

Has anyone done this? Wondering if there is a "best way" of going about it? I've read about hacking a cig charger and hardwiring that, but haven't seen anything V specific. Any good spots to route the usb cable? Is there a better way then hacking up a cig charger?

Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do you mean installing a USB jack for the purpose of power only, not data? Or the one for the thin/wide plug?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean installing a USB jack for the purpose of power only, not data? Or the one for the thin/wide plug?
Ya, power only... will be using either blue tooth or the aux jack for the audio.

Basically I just want to have a charging source closer to the dash. I'm pretty sure i'm going to go the way of hardwiring a cig usb adapter for the 5v conversion... I'm just wondering if there is a good place to do it from... and also a good way to route the actually iphone cable.

·
Registered
233 Posts
you can use a add a fuse instead of having to splice into the cig power line. Just run a long cable from the fuse box to where you want it and you will be ok I have a similar set up for some lights.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This way would seem fun...

Below the Climate Controls, above the cup holders, there is a removable panel. Most of the space behind it covered, but there is a small area in the center that open further into the dash. You could wire-in this charger behind the panel and put the cable through a small hole you can make in the panel.

The cable would be out of sight and out of the way when not in use, and it comes out when you need it.

I almost want to try it out myself!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
westmex
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing