Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So given the placement of the cig power adapter v. the aux input on the radio, I think i'd prefer to just hardwire a charger directly into the cars power.

Has anyone done this? Wondering if there is a "best way" of going about it? I've read about hacking a cig charger and hardwiring that, but haven't seen anything V specific. Any good spots to route the usb cable? Is there a better way then hacking up a cig charger?

Any input would be appreciated!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean installing a USB jack for the purpose of power only, not data? Or the one for the thin/wide plug?
Ya, power only... will be using either blue tooth or the aux jack for the audio.

Basically I just want to have a charging source closer to the dash. I'm pretty sure i'm going to go the way of hardwiring a cig usb adapter for the 5v conversion... I'm just wondering if there is a good place to do it from... and also a good way to route the actually iphone cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.