Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
I suspect that parts shortages of automotive chips are still impacting Nissan production. The parts are probably being diverted to higher priced models to keep those lines moving, but Versa production for 2023 may be delayed in the meantime.

· Registered
748 Posts
The parts are probably being diverted to higher priced models to keep those lines moving, but Versa production for 2023 may be delayed in the meantime.
Yes, this is exactly what they are doing (and other car makers too) in order to maximize the profit. This also explains the long time to for car repairs under the warranty - all OEM parts are prioritized for new vehicles manufacturing, again to sustain the cash flow. They do not use aftermarket parts for warranty repairs.

· Registered
3 Posts
I too am looking to order a 23 and have had no luck. However I did read the press release from nissan when they announced the pricing and it did say the car would go on sale next month (December). I’ve also noticed there is no build and price configurator yet and the few dealerships that list a 23 in their in transit inventory do not list a price on the website, so in my mind it is possible it isn’t technically on sale yet.

· Registered
748 Posts
I’ve also noticed there is no build and price configurator yet and the few dealerships that list a 23 in their in transit inventory do not list a price on the website, so in my mind it is possible it isn’t technically on sale yet.
Dealers do not list a price because they want to take advantage of current inventory and sell above the stiker (so called "market adjustment").

· Registered
3 Posts
Figured I’d update with the news I just received, not sure if it is accurate or not but this is the email I received after contacting an out of state dealer about ordering a Versa S.

“Looks like the 2023 Nissan versas wont be out for a while. They will start making them January 21st in Tennessee. After that we will start seeing them come in. There is no VIN out yet so cant reserve one or even build one from the factory.”

I hope that one of you others will have better luck in the near term, please post any other info you find!

· Registered
54 Posts
I put a down payment on a 2023 Versa back on August. I ordered a white S with manual transmission..don't want a CVT. No updates since August!

Here is a fleet management site that indicates the 2023 Versa began building October 1, 2022 (you can search for any vehicle on the site)

Here is another link that indicates the S can be ordered with the 60/40 rear seat...an option I want.

From this LA Car Show link: The 2023 Versa S will be approx $1300 more with a base of $16,800

· Registered
3 Posts
I put a down payment on a 2023 Versa back on August. I ordered a white S with manual transmission..don't want a CVT. No updates since August!

Here is a fleet management site that indicates the 2023 Versa began building October 1, 2022 (you can search for any vehicle on the site)

Here is another link that indicates the S can be ordered with the 60/40 rear seat...an option I want.

From this LA Car Show link: The 2023 Versa S will be approx $1300 more with a base of $16,800

Sounds like you and I are after similar Versas! I am after an S manual with the plus package and armrest. I haven’t found anything regarding color options, so I assume they are the same as last year’s S model. If so I intend to order a blue one. Fingers crossed you get yours relatively soon.

· Super Moderator
442 Posts
I was looking for your threads when I saw this post as I was curious if you ever got yours or not.

That's unbelievable that ~4months down the road and you haven't heard a thing?? You must really want this particular Versa. I would have lost interest and/or moved on by now.

As we may have discussed months ago, I know my Nissan dealers (Buffalo NY area) claim they can't order you a Nissan. They receive what they receive and that's it. They are a huge dealer chain, so they get a lot. They will however do a dealer locate, even out of state and do a dealer to dealer trade if they can find what you want. It will have some miles on it when you get it as they are typically driven the whole way.

· Registered
2023 Nissan Versa SR
5 Posts
I was looking for your threads when I saw this post as I was curious if you ever got yours or not.

That's unbelievable that ~4months down the road and you haven't heard a thing?? You must really want this particular Versa. I would have lost interest and/or moved on by now.

As we may have discussed months ago, I know my Nissan dealers (Buffalo NY area) claim they can't order you a Nissan. They receive what they receive and that's it. They are a huge dealer chain, so they get a lot. They will however do a dealer locate, even out of state and do a dealer to dealer trade if they can find what you want. It will have some miles on it when you get it as they are typically driven the whole way.
ya this car was supposed to be released Fall 2022, at least that's what Nissan was boasting on their website all last year (now sure what happened with that!), i started tracking them early Dec, then finally lucked out and this particular dealership in Texas i was watching got one just before the New Yrs weekend. and i drove down that New yrs weekend and traded in my other Nissan for it, a black SR. just posted it in the Car Showroom ☮

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya this car was supposed to be released Fall 2022, at least that's what Nissan was boasting on their website all last year (now sure what happened with that!), i started tracking them early Dec, then finally lucked out and this particular dealership in Texas i was watching got one just before the New Yrs weekend. and i drove down that New yrs weekend and traded in my other Nissan for it, a black SR. just posted it in the Car Showroom ☮
Congrats! I am still waiting for my dealership to get an allocation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts