Nissan Versa Forums banner

Has anyone installed a hitch?

Tags
hitch
6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  DannyVersa 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
what are you going to try and pull with the V? I couldn't imagine these being able to haul too much.

#5 ·
Hey Ashley, I see you picked it up close to where I live. You should have let me know we could have met for a coffee...I am 10-15 minutes north of that Kijiji address.

Anyway, good stuff. I have not installed myself, however in seeing some videos online and speaking to a bike shop that sells them, it is not too hard to do. There is one hole you do need to drill I believe on the side with the Exhaust. The other side connects to the tow loop I think via a screw/clamp bolt. I think all the other bolts use existing holes in the frame which is car specific. Normal install time is about 30 minutes or less they say. It's a bit longer if you need to run wires (like for a trailer power connector), which in your case you don't. I believe Reese and Curtis both have vids online you can check out.

Let us know how it goes!

#6 ·
You live close to there? I had no idea. I actually have been working in Toronto at the Congress Centre on Dixon road. I'm there til the end of this week. I figured I would go pick up the hitch after work. So I went yesterday, and a "20" minute drive took over an hour in traffic and some crazy lady came so close to side swipping me. I couldn't wait to just get the hitch and go home, lol. Took the 407 home after that. I couldn't deal with that traffic anymore.

My dads working in Mexico this week, when he gets back we will do a trial fitting.... Not sure if it will fit as is around the HK exhaust tip. If not, he can weld it to fit around the exhaust.

#7 ·
May be easier to re-weld/bend/adjust/shorten the exhaust hangers rather than the hitch^
Or just do away with the muffler and keep the HK tip :D

#8 ·
My dad can take the hitch to work and weld it if necessary. I'd rather not mess with the exhaust or muffler. I like having a quiet car and am not in anyway ditching the HK tip ... I just wanted to see if people had to drill any holes to install the hitch. Guess we will find out ourselves when we install it.

#9 ·
If anyone wants to install one & has a stock exhaust system, then it's a fairly easy install. Because of the added exhaust tip I had put on, the elbow piece added between the stock exhaust & the HK tip was hitting the hitch whenever I went over a bump in the road & would make a loud noise that was heard inside the car. I like the fact that my car is quiet, so we removed the hitch and my dad modified it.

Hopefully this weekend it will be installed back on.
We drilled a bigger hole in the driver side frame for the bolts, but other than that it doesn't require any drilling. Just bolt it in (at least the one I bought - which was a REESE brand).

#10 ·
Thanks for the updates, i wouldn't mind a used hitch for my utility trailer. Will check kijiji.

#11 ·
I got this hitch from a store in Brampton that sells refurbished items, but you could tell that the hitch was never once used. I ended up getting it for $149 (with tax). Not too bad, as the hitch stores around here quoted me over $250 for a hitch (without installation). I searched forever for a used hitch, and even checked Quebec (as my brother could pick it up) but there were none out there. This one came up and I scooped it up, lol ... we are not setting up the wiring for it as I don't plan to tow anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.