Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am considering buying a Versa this week and was wondering if anyone has switched to SV wheels or even SR? Also, if replacing with larger diameter(SR) would that throw off my speedometer or just a negligent amount? Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Best way to find out if it would effect your speedometer/odometer is find out the tire size on the larger wheels and use an online tire size calculator to see how the size compares to the stock tire size. The stock tire size on my '16 Versa SV is 185/65-15 and it has steel wheels. I suspect if the SR wheels are 16" they just used a lower profile tire so all speedometers could be calibrated the same from the factory.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa Note SV
7 Posts
I have done this switch from my SV steel wheels to SR wheels and I saw no impact on my speedometer. I no longer have them anymore, but I had no issues at all with the speedometer being off or any other issues either 😃

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have done this switch from my SV steel wheels to SR wheels and I saw no impact on my speedometer. I no longer have them anymore, but I had no issues at all with the speedometer being off or any other issues either 😃
Thanks for the reply! Did you buy from someone to trade or find some online?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa Note SV
7 Posts
Thanks for the reply! Did you buy from someone to trade or find some online?
No problem! I found them on a Note SR at a small junkyard near me which was an extremely rare find. However, you can find them online through a site like car-part.com as well. I purchased one of the wheels through this site because the junkyard's Note only had 3 good wheels. They are used but you can find wheels in great condition from this site and many of the places will ship to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts