Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was at an awesome Chinese buffet, there was a blue versa sedan in the parking lot, same color as mine('14 note metallic blue)

It looked like a 2011'ish model, looked good except the headlights were going to hell. They are all cloudy and hazed up on the lens, it looked like the rear of a donkey.

You're supposed to treat your headlights as you do your paint, so either the owner was neglecting them, or Valeo uses some cheap hard coat on the lenses.

Anyone else have this hazing issue with the OEM lights?

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Nope, I retrofitted my headlights with 2011 headlights (I believe that's the year, maybe 2010) and they are still clear, with a few chips from rocks. Sounds like the owner neglects the car, and probably hardly ever wash it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
my '08s are still crystal clear

·
Registered
90 Posts
You should be able to sand it down, I have seen a few older Tiida's than Mine that has the same issue, and got me thinking aswell.
You also get that when it is not a original part but some pirate aftermarket cheap remake.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never tried it but I heard that rubbing toothpaste on them will clear them up. Wonder if anyone had had luck with that? There are also specific products for it but why bother if one can use Colgate.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
my 2009 has started to haze over even though i keep them clean as much as I can tomorrow i will be getting something to clean them before they get to bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.