Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Versa, which as you probably know has a crappy hatch latch. Well my fiance gave the hatch a little too much oomph when he slammed it, and now there are two dents in the hatch exterior.

What is the best way to fix this? I was thinking I'd take off the interior panel so that we can pop the dents back out. It seems like it wouldn't be too tough but I would be very appreciative for any advice or guidance! I don't want to screw it up because of course I want to put the panel back on.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I took off the interior plastic panels and popped some dents out of my hatch. The exterior panel wraps around and there are holes in it you can stick something through to pop them out but you don't have direct access which is kind of annoying. I got out some big dents but ended up making some tiny smaller ones from the pressure I applied (I used the tip of a wooden baseball bat.) Also, when you try to get leverage on the sides you can bend the metal on the inside piece around a bit, so be careful. When popping the plastic off start with the top part and work your way down the sides. Should just come off by pulling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.