Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I see that the stock spoiler to add to my babie is about $200 or so painted

mentioned drilling and such kinda worried me, but I think it can be done with some supervision

But are there any other options you guys trust or like to add for a spoiler?

·
Registered
613 Posts
the only two spoilers i would consider having is the stillen spoiler from versaspeed or the impul spoiler in which is driving me crazy trying to find someone to ship it to me >.<

damn you impul and not replying to my emails lol...

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is a spoiler sold on eBay that is a replica of the OEM Versa hatch spoiler. Though it is made out of different material, it is only about 60 bucks (primered). Just get a paint shop to mix up some of your car paint and spray it on. If you're just going for "the look" and not really worried about quality, I'd say this would be the way to go. I believe this spoiler is also lighter, so MAYBE it could just be held on with 3M double sided tape. But regardless, I think bolting it on would be ideally.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
There is a spoiler sold on eBay that is a replica of the OEM Versa hatch spoiler. Though it is made out of different material, it is only about 60 bucks (primered). Just get a paint shop to mix up some of your car paint and spray it on. If you're just going for "the look" and not really worried about quality, I'd say this would be the way to go. I believe this spoiler is also lighter, so MAYBE it could just be held on with 3M double sided tape. But regardless, I think bolting it on would be ideally.
No offence but IMO that's not a good idea, I'd rather stick to quality over "looks."

·
Registered
101 Posts
No offence but IMO that's not a good idea, I'd rather stick to quality over "looks."
LOL no offense taken. All my Versa parts have been the best quality available. But the thing is, not everyone is willing to dish out the money for good parts. I've realized that from how many people have been trying to low ball me on my parts -_-

·
Registered
174 Posts
The OEM spoiler, although pricey, is a nice piece.

I installed one last summer and the template provided resulted in a clean install.

They (as do I) recommend using a silicone sealant where you drill.

But if you're looking for something a bit more radical, then happy shopping!

·
Registered
656 Posts
yea, stumbled acrossed it when i was lookin for the front splitter....i do like it but not quite sure yet

·
Registered
377 Posts
Lol what's the story with that car? Got a link?

Also, no expert here, but wouldn't actually adding downforce with a non-cosmetic spoiler have a chance of reducing performance in a front wheel drive car...although I guess it could maybe help with understeer? Or at least keeping the car from totally losing it through a fast corner?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Lol what's the story with that car? Got a link?

Also, no expert here, but wouldn't actually adding downforce with a non-cosmetic spoiler have a chance of reducing performance in a front wheel drive car...although I guess it could maybe help with understeer? Or at least keeping the car from totally losing it through a fast corner?
turn3 Creative | Official Licensed Auto Apparel

supposed to make the curves on the car more smooth when driving at higher speed 60+ but the versa is so bulky that i don't even know if it even helped that much

G

·
no offence but if your really sketchy about it and a noob to diy id take it to a body shop and let them install it that way you dont run the risk or drillin wrong or etc. but i will say dont get stuck on just the oem spoiler vis has a rally spoiler that looks alright and stillen has a spoiler that looks legit spilt down the middle and theres one on ebay that has a small arch in it that looks good and its only 80 bucks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.