Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
that second pic was when we still had temp tags on the car, so no front plate, but ohio requires you to have a front plate...it sucks :(

downsides to the espresso color:
1. they don't make touch up paint...you have to buy a big container of it that they mix up special :(
2. without tinted windows, it sucks up all the heat from the sun and cooks the inside of the car and our a/c isn't very strong, so it just gets slightly cool in the car
That sucks, and whats wrong with the A/C? You should get it checked out because summer is here and you'll deff need it.

Hey jlhcrawford, Im a guy so Im not a big fan of the flowers on the body but the hatch itself is pretty nice, is that a 1.6 grille?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Everyone's hatches look great!....I've just been too lazy to add mine :p

Here are some pictures of my Black SL that just made one year old!

1st: Tint, debadged, NISMO plate
2nd: Nismo strut bar
3rd: Grill painted black and pink emblem

Sorry I still can't figure out how to put pictures without having to attach them! :question:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
PCversa, looking good.

Everyone's hatches look great!....I've just been too lazy to add mine :p

Here are some pictures of my Black SL that just made one year old!

1st: Tint, debadged, NISMO plate
2nd: Nismo strut bar
3rd: Grill painted black and pink emblem

Sorry I still can't figure out how to put pictures without having to attach them! :question:
Looking good. Love the custom badge(no homo).

·
Registered
567 Posts
:):):)thank you! I sanded the chrome pieces down and sprayed them with matte black automotive spray. It took a few tries (the first few times I didn't sand enough and the paint chipped off) but now it's perfect.

LOL She must have skills then, that looks exactly like the '10 1.6 grille.

And Im a flat black addict! :)

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
:):):)thank you! I sanded the chrome pieces down and sprayed them with matte black automotive spray. It took a few tries (the first few times I didn't sand enough and the paint chipped off) but now it's perfect.
I hear you, I have a '10 1.6 sedan and the bumper grille was silver(color matched) and I like the 07-09 bumper style better so I painted both grilles, now the bumper grille is chipping a little. :(

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I kind of like the matching body coloured lower grille. Makes the car different. But then it would be another thing to chip; just like the rest of my front bumper :(

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
My bumper is fine but the hood is taking a beating. Big chips and now they are rusting. Cheap paint and primer. Oh well, I will wait until it's really bad then repaint it.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
My bumper and hood are doing great, it's just the bumper grille, and thats because I did it myself. Gotta love Florida weather(no snow = no rust).

·
Registered
551 Posts
My bumper and hood are doing great, it's just the bumper grille, and thats because I did it myself. Gotta love Florida weather(no snow = no rust).
ooh theres rust! i have rust on my car. you just have to know where to look on my car to find it.
and my bumper is a mess. i hate it. stupid bugs.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Lol true. I would have it rust proofed then. We deal with the salt here. I guess you've got issues no matter where u live.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It's recommended every year or 20k. I did the engine filter last summer but I have yet to change the in cabin one and I have 33k and am at over 2 years with the car. My dealership charges $75 for the in cabin filter change so I'm just going to buy the filter at Canadian Tire and change it myself. There is a how to video on the nissanversatech site.
good lord!! Yer gonna be in for a surprise. Mine was filthy dirrty in just one yr of 7,000 miles. Clumps of dust, particles, dirt, etc. The A/C did feel cooler and it seemed to blow out more air once replaced. And $75 is ridiculous, i spent $14 on ebay for it, and installed it myself.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
yeah the front bumper paint blows.
agreed!! Ive put more wax on the front bumper than anything, and it still sucks!!!

21 - 40 of 178 Posts