Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has tried transporting or hauling a small pond, bass boat or canoe with the Versa Note?

I have a 2016.

Considering getting a Pond Prowler, Sun Dolphin or Bass hunter st6yle boat.

Weight would be around 130 - 160 lbs. and about 10 feet long.

I also bought a small trailer hitch (not yet installed) that I might be able to buy a small trailer.

Or would a roof rack support a boat in the 130 lbs. range. Or a canoe under 90 lbs?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
76 Posts
When my brother broke down last year I pulled him home. I just used a tow strap and drove us home (about 40min towing). Car did good I was just worried about the clutch a little but it all seamed fine. So either way you go I feel you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also tried to tow with this i knew that was risky but i had to do i was expecting the better result but I was the wrong car didn't perform as I was expecting after 10 min of towing i had to stop it and then i took car towing service near me, so my experience wasn't good _Scuba

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well Iam not sure what to tell you honestly my experience was great towing. But if you called a tow service and you thought it was risky why did you do it? Plus what whent wrong that you had to stop?

·
Registered
1 Posts
150 lbs for the boat and 150 lbs for the trailer should not be a problem as long as you do not have too much weight inside the car. For both pulling and braking. The car is designed to haul four people plus belongings. Reduce weight inside your car to make up for the trailer. At highway speeds you may feel some extra drag from extra wind resistance. Most car manufacturers say to not allow your car to go into overdrive when pulling a trailer.
To have a lighter trailer consider buying an aluminum trailer. Aluminum is one-fifth the weight of steel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts