Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2018 the original fuel pump in my 2010 Versa 1.8L went bad and I replaced it with a new after market one from Amazon. That one lasted almost a year then it quit working. I replaced that one with a fuel pump I bought at Auto Zone for substantially more $$. Now a little more than a year and this one is whinning pretty loudly. Anyone have similar experiences?

·
Registered
283 Posts
All aftermarket electronics, especially when it comes to fuel pumps are hit/miss. Some might last the life of the vehicle, others will fail like you've seen. I have no suggestions in terms of a quality aftermarket pump, but I'm with you in that I'd hate to pay the OEM price given those don't necessarily last either.

Reactions: pamark57

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gasoline pump oil cup gas BAI bubble, while the oil cup oil surface is reduced; Or the output of gasoline is scattered, and harga toyota hiace with bubbles, it means that there is air seepage in the pipeline of gasoline pump to gasoline tank. It is important to check whether the oil coaster is sealed and whether the gasoline pump inlet pipe joint is damaged.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm having a hard time following you, Kenny. Are you talking about some aeration issue that could be causing the noise?

I agree about parts quality. There is no way to know what you're getting with any of them, oem or aftermarket. People get crazy about wanting only oem, when that's the one that failed...

Have you done any pressure tests to confirm its low? Voltage drop at the pump can also cause low pressure, but I wouldn't expect noise. If you have a scan tool that reads live data there are a few things you can look at. It's a good idea to make sure there's no sediment in the tank when you're replacing it too.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts