Nissan Versa Forums banner

41 - 60 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fuel pump fail!!

Hi everyone .. new versa owner and pump just when out, does any have 411 if its a recall? or i have to replace it my self?!!

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
I will be starting a new thread explaining that I was correct. The Versa has a defect in the engine design from the factory. I know what it is and ALL of the original, and some of the replacement engines are effected. Lol, dont be fooled by the lies Nissan has been telling you. Long story short, IF you dont persist, they wont do anything. This is limited to the MR18 only....As soon as I have more time, I will start the new thread. I promise you it is 100% accurate AND correct. I should know, ive already been down this path with Nissan with our Versa....They settled with us, and I will be installing an MR20 when I get time. We went thru 2 short blocks, and I had to tell the Nissan techs each time what the issue was and how to reproduce it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I will be starting a new thread explaining that I was correct. The Versa has a defect in the engine design from the factory. I know what it is and ALL of the original, and some of the replacement engines are effected. Lol, dont be fooled by the lies Nissan has been telling you. Long story short, IF you dont persist, they wont do anything. This is limited to the MR18 only....As soon as I have more time, I will start the new thread. I promise you it is 100% accurate AND correct. I should know, ive already been down this path with Nissan with our Versa....They settled with us, and I will be installing an MR20 when I get time. We went thru 2 short blocks, and I had to tell the Nissan techs each time what the issue was and how to reproduce it.
Looking forward to reading the article with all ears. I've had the short block replaced and now have 15K on that unit. Just the other morning I thought I heard that sound again. Next week we will have some temps in the low 20's so I will pay more attention. Thanks Again

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
can't wait to read it, too!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Engine swap

I have a 2011 Versa with a little knock. I bought it a few days ago 47k miles. I have a warranty for it but if they replace the engine are they going to put in a MR18 or will they put in the MR20 that doesn't? Cause I'm not gonna do mods until they replace it.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have a 2011 Versa with a little knock. I bought it a few days ago 47k miles. I have a warranty for it but if they replace the engine are they going to put in a MR18 or will they put in the MR20 that doesn't? Cause I'm not gonna do mods until they replace it.
as far as I know they will replace the block, still a MR18

·
Registered
4 Posts
nissan versa 1.6 auto ,,please iam having a problem with my car which i cant identify until nw i checked the car twice with the diagnoises computer and checked the fuel pump and air mass and i dont know maybe its spark plugs , i will tell you the problem nw : when press on the pedal accelerating normally the rpm rises smooth tell the end but on heavy full acceleration it cant pass 4500-5000rpm and make sound like poping and this happens on park or drive the same and also sometimes i make a heavy acceleration and the problem appeared and i stop then accelerate again the car dont pass 2000rpm and after seconds it continue accelerating with cutting not smooth but this happens if i make a one heavy acceleration which i told you about ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
its just a normal thing for the ticking during cold days mine done it since new now at seventy something thousand miles and still runs strong but is it common for the trans to leak??...

·
Registered
19 Posts
2013 Sedan with HR16 engine, just got told today by the dealer than cylinder #2 is bad and they are putting a new shortblock in it! I'm at 5600 miles!!! Sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come with this car, I really like it!

·
Registered
339 Posts
just bought a 2012 hb with 34 miles on it.. How frequent are the engine failures? And deos it efffect all of them? I bought this to be a reliable family car so this really sucks. Especially since i didnt see anything on any of the reviews

·
Registered
1 Posts
07 versa engine knock

Greetings I have n o7 versa with 77k miles.
1.8 l engine
The engine has developed a knock and when taking it to the dealer because i have the extended warranty he says its a bad wrist pin in #3 cylinder. Ins adjuster wants a complete engine tear down before approving the clams.
There is no sludge in the pan. Has anyone else run into this problem with this engine?

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Yup the #3 cylinder on plenty of MR18de's have been an issue.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So Nissan approved a total engine replacement. I dropped her off yesterday after removing any of my performance parts that I didn't want them touching or damaging. They say the long block swap will take "a couple days", I am predicting about 12 days of down time. I am also charged with breaking in the new engine. Let's see if the replacement can last past 25k. Stupid Nissan, I should have bought another honda, lol.

41 - 60 of 151 Posts