Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally feel that HBs should be called Versa because they are versatile and sedans should be called Tiida. Sedans are versatile but not like the HB. And Tiida is a cool name so that would help separate the two. The Tiidas they have in South America have a much cooler grille. If Nissan could figure out the bumper req. thingy, that grille would be welcome indeed. Just my .02 that's all don't get angry lol. Ciao.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
i think the tiida is a hb and a latio is the sedan, overseas.
This is correct. In japan where the car originated the tiida is the hatch and the latio is the sedan.

I say keep it the same in USA as it is. Both Versa's one HB and one a sedan. No reason to add a new name to the lineup.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Here in Aus, the Tiida is sedan and the hatch. They should have left it called the "Pulsar" though, as they lost lots of sales from the name change. They also advertised the car here from Samantha (Sex and the City) which really 'feminised' the car.

Bad marketing. They're now marketing the easy access to the elderly :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is correct. In japan where the car originated the tiida is the hatch and the latio is the sedan.

I say keep it the same in USA as it is. Both Versa's one HB and one a sedan. No reason to add a new name to the lineup.
Funny thing about other carmaker's hbs and sedans under the same bodytype is that the hb is always more money. I was going to lease a subaru imprezza for a low price, but the price was only for the imprezza sedan. The hb was 5-600 more. Making the lease more money. The same holds true for the mazda 3, kia rio 5, etc. Pretty cool that Nissan kept the same price for both the sedan and hb. For that reason alone I bought the hb thinking that it was an upgrade for resale for no extra money. The latin american Tiidas look cooler as a sedan name all I am saying. Ciao.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The Versa 1.6 Sedan starts at $12,498.
The Versa 1.8S Hatchback starts at $13,998.
The Versa 1.8SL Hatchback starts at $16,898.
The 1.8s sedan and the 1.8sl sedan are the same price as the hbs last time i looked. Are you saying there are no s and sl sedans? Ciao.

Also ILMV, your Canadian dollar is pretty strong lately. If I was Canadian and had some dough, I would definitely buy US dollars, or maybe US money market funds. Opposite for us, though. The time to have bought CDN came and went. I think I remember when the CDN was .67 to the US dollar. Pretty much a 25% valuation increase to the USD. That aint chump change.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Hey ... I just took those figures directly from the Nissan canada website. We do still have an SL sedan, there was just no MSRP listed for it. I assume it is a bit more than the S model.

And yes our dollar is finally gaining strength once again. For years it has had little value. It always cost so much to go across the border. I am attending an American school right now (almost done :) ) and when I had to get a draft for my tuition the rate was about 1.30, so I paid ALOT more, which sucks because now it is down. Oh well, that's the way it goes.
Good news though, we are driving down to Myrtle Beach this Wednesday :) I'm looking forward to relaxing on the beach. It has been raining here for pretty much the entire week (today included). We have not had a summer yet :( So depressing here.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey ... I just took those figures directly from the Nissan canada website. We do still have an SL sedan, there was just no MSRP listed for it. I assume it is a bit more than the S model.

And yes our dollar is finally gaining strength once again. For years it has had little value. It always cost so much to go across the border. I am attending an American school right now (almost done :) ) and when I had to get a draft for my tuition the rate was about 1.30, so I paid ALOT more, which sucks because now it is down. Oh well, that's the way it goes.
Good news though, we are driving down to Myrtle Beach this Wednesday :) I'm looking forward to relaxing on the beach. It has been raining here for pretty much the entire week (today included). We have not had a summer yet :( So depressing here.
I don't get the weather thingy. We are a hundred miles from the u.p. and we are averaging in the 80s and they are cold as well as lower michigan and all of ontario area. Marquette Michigan was 50 degrees midday yesterday that is awful. I will get to Daytona permanently someday. I am training for my CDL liscense starting August. Training is all paid for thank you Uncle Sam. 3000.00 USD. Plus they are reimbersing my mileage during training. Up to 300.00. I can't understand why more people aren't applying for this program. During training, my unemployment remains active and I my worksearch is waived. Basically red carpet city. No catches. No work requirement nothing. All you have to do is make sure you have a good training program that will ensure quick employment, which I have. The company will hire me when I successfully complete the training, plus I get instant bonuses, etc. I know I ramble lol but I am hoping to see good weather going south once in awhile this winter. Ciao.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.