Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I want to keep my stock lights. I like them. However...
I want to change them a bit. I can't tint them because it's illegal in Utah. :cryin:
So... I was wondering if any of you have done anything to your lights, or any ideas/suggestions. I was thinking of pulling them out and then if possible paint the inner part where the light doesn't shine through black ( just a thought :shrug:

Thanks in advance for all input and advice, etc. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you answered your own question, probably painting the interior of the tail lights is your best choice without getting law enforcement involved.
LOL! Guess you are right. I assume that it is possible to take the light appart then?

*more opinions appreciated, just curious what else is out there*:blue flower:

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
There might be pieces of the tail light attached together with an adhesive that need to be removed. If you want, I can find a diagram of the tail lights.

Show us a how to thread with pictures when you start on your project. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
There might be pieces of the tail light attached together with an adhesive that need to be removed. If you want, I can find a diagram of the tail lights.

Show us a how to thread with pictures when you start on your project. :thumbsup:

That would be super awesome if you found a diagram of the tail lights!!!!
I certainly will do a How-To-Thread w/pics. You never know who else may want to do something similar.
Thanks for your input! :thumb2:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Don't think you can paint the inside of the head lights because it's a reflector and that's what shines on the road for light. Also i think they are a sealed unit. Trying to open them could end up breaking them or if you were successful they might leak and cause condensation inside the headlight if not sealed properly.

The only options i can think of are after market lights or tinting them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ 06 warrior:
Good point. I was hoping for something, well cheap.
But I'll keep researching to see what I can do.
The paint wouldn't of been the whole thing. Just certain parts, so the reflectors would still shine well enough. *hmmmm, off to think some more*

·
Registered
130 Posts
headlights i think are sealed together using a sealer, when i had my hyundai we would "bake" them for a few minutes in the oven to loosen the sealer then pull them apart to paint the inside surfaces. if you try this i recommend practicing on a junk pair to get the hang of it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
headlights i think are sealed together using a sealer, when i had my hyundai we would "bake" them for a few minutes in the oven to loosen the sealer then pull them apart to paint the inside surfaces. if you try this i recommend practicing on a junk pair to get the hang of it.
That's a good idea. So once they were finished how did you get them to seal properly so nothing (water) could get inside? By chance do you have any pictures?

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
To get it sealed back up you have to buy a special sealant specifically made to seal up headlights/tail lights. should be available at a local car parts store

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To get it sealed back up you have to buy a special sealant specifically made to seal up headlights/tail lights. should be available at a local car parts store
Good to know. I will take my time and get all the info I can before I dive in. Then if or when I tackle it I will do a how-to-thread.

Thank you all for your input!:thumb2:

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Hello all.
I want to keep my stock lights. I like them. However...
I want to change them a bit. I can't tint them because it's illegal in Utah. :cryin:
So... I was wondering if any of you have done anything to your lights, or any ideas/suggestions. I was thinking of pulling them out and then if possible paint the inner part where the light doesn't shine through black ( just a thought :shrug:

Thanks in advance for all input and advice, etc. :biggrinjester:
Someone on NICO was able to take their headlights apart to paint the housing(inside) and made a how to. Apparently it can be done with a rotary tool. I've been thinking about it for the longest but haven't gotten around to it. It would be an awesome mod. You should make a how-to if you ever around to it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
*btw I used to be on here under *ziggy*stardust* but had issues and changes to skyes_2012_redv*

Someone on NICO was able to take their headlights apart to paint the housing(inside) and made a how to. Apparently it can be done with a rotary tool. I've been thinking about it for the longest but haven't gotten around to it. It would be an awesome mod. You should make a how-to if you ever around to it. :thumbsup:
Sweet! Thanks for passing along the info. I just might go this route. And I will do a how to and post it here for us V fanatics, LOL!

Hi i'm also new on here and just bought a 2012 sedan sv and i live in utah also i think you can get a set of light smoke tint for your headlights or tail lights
First welcome! Finally someone else from Utah! :woot: I know I can get light smoke, but it is illegal in Utah. Thanks though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I haven't checked the headlights, but this past weekend I was changing my tail light bulbs (which it should of lasted longer than it did). The tail lights are not sealed. So, I'm going to paint the inside with plasti dip, and if looks bad or I don't like it I can peel it off (thank god for plasti dip).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.